Witnessed this morning on my way to work while waiting at a red light:
- Guy zips by on fixed gear; screeches to halt in front of crosswalk.
- Performs track stand, showing off bike tattoos on each calf.
- While our light is still red, inexplicably jets into intersection of busy 4-lane road.
- Makes it across one lane before coming thiiiiis close to being creamed.
- Slams on brakes inches from car.
- Driver going through intersection with green slams on brakes.
- I stare in horrified shock.
- Bike guy throws middle finger high in air in indignation.
- I am even more horrified.
- Every driver and pedestrian who witnessed the scene now hates bicyclists.
- Five seconds later, light turns green and I continue on my merry way to work.
LGRAB safety tip #1: before riding, remove head from arse.
LGRAB safety tip #2: stop at red lights.