Things are a little different this year. Instead of three separate parts, we’re asking you to complete 4 out of 10 of the events from the list below between July 22 and August 8. Once you have completed your events, there are two ways to enter:
1) Email us links to your blog posts detailing the activities; or
2) Email us your story and photographs [LGRAB@letsgorideabike.com].
Please use the subject line [Summer Games]. At any time, you can also upload your photos to our Summer Games Flickr pool. By entering, you give us permission to publish your content here.
- on vacation? rent a bike and go for a ride!
- write a letter advocating for bicycling infrastructure (bike lanes, bike rack, etc) to your alderman/council representative, mayor, or a local business.
- take a picture of something along your commute that says “summer” to you, and explain why
- commute to work by bike or bike/transit if you don’t already
- perform a maintenance task on your bike
- explore a greenway or bike path in your city that you haven’t previously visited
- test ride a different type of bike than you normally ride (road bike, mountain bike, etc.)
- read a book about cycling
- ride your bike somewhere new in your city
- go on a group ride
We will draw for prizes from among the entrants who have completed at least four events. So start planning, and drooling over our prize page.
Major thanks to all the sponsors who are helping us spread the bike love!
Want a banner to put on your site to let others know you’re playing the games? Right click on any of the images below to download it — and be sure to link to this post.