Wonderful winter weather

A nice day in January that is even more exciting than a nice day in June. And two days of 50+ degrees=one very happy bike commuter here in Nashville.

sidepanda

I had also forgotten what a great song “Dance Apocalyptic” was to bike to. Belmont-area peds were treated to some bike dancing this morning (tell me I’m not the only one who does this?).

can't have a shadow without the sun!

can’t have a shadow without the sun!

Anyone else enjoying the unseasonably warm winter weather?

Advertisements
Tagged , , ,

14 thoughts on “Wonderful winter weather

1. Andi says:

Yes, yes, a thousand time yes. I am in Memphis and after the cold snap we had week before last, this weather is more than welcome!

2. weefrills says:

No! Snow today in southeast Michigan.

3. MnBicycleCommuter says:

“Warm” is relative. For us in Northeastern Minnesota today’s high of 26F was about 20 degrees warmer than normal. I enjoyed the “warmth” by taking the long way home. Breaking in my new commuter bike helped it be a completely enjoyable commute.

• Trisha says:

You’re such a trouper, Doug. I don’t know if I would be as good at braving the snow as you (and Dottie) are. I do try to ride in when it is snowing here, just because it’s a novelty — as long as it isn’t icy.

• MnBicycleCommuter says:

To be honest, I think Dottie is braver than I am. I ride in arctic cold and snow, but I can take low traffic roads on my daily commute. Riding with snow/ice, and Chicago traffic, is an entirely different thing. I think I’ve got a easier go of it.

4. morlamweb says:

No dance biking for me today. That’s inadvisable when the roads and trails are still covered in ice : ( We have had a slight warm spell: a few days where the high point was a little above the freezing point! But winter’s not over yet…

• Trisha says:

Aw boo! I hope you see some warmer weather soon.

• morlamweb says:

Sadly, no, we’ve had just the opposite lately: more snow, more freezing temperatures, more bitter wind chills : ( But I’m still biking to work five days a week and doing all of my errands by bike, blizzard be damned.

5. Andy in Germany says:

It isn’t that ‘warm’ here in central Europe, but I’m enjoying the cycling anyway. People have long since given up telling me it is ‘too cold’ to ride…

6. illiniwu@hotmail.com says:

Chicago is a chilly 28F. Rear brake cable is frozen. But we did enjoy above freezing temps (36F) all week.