Autumn Greetings!

Hello!  A beautiful autumn bike commute today inspired me to check in and share here.  As I’m sure many would agree, autumn is the absolute best time for cycling.  The temps are cool enough to avoid sweating, but not yet freezing.  Despite the perfect conditions, the paths and bike lanes are relatively empty.

This morning, I set out with a cardigan and light gloves, but shed those as I heated up during my 9 mile ride.

LGRAB Fall 14-1

My commute includes the beautiful Buckingham Fountain every morning.  Lucky me!

LGRAB Fall 14-7

Chicago still looks like summer, but there is a definite chill in the air, with morning temps hovering in the mid-high 50’s.

LGRAB Fall 14-8 LGRAB Fall 14-9  LGRAB Fall 14-12LGRAB Fall 14-10

I suppose this friendly city guy is saving up nuts and cigarette butts for the winter.

LGRAB Fall 14-13 LGRAB Fall 14-15 LGRAB Fall 14-17

I hope everyone is enjoying the cooler weather!  I plan to be around here more often, so feel free to check in every now and then.

p.s. We are working on the technical issues (such as broken pic links) of our current web home; bear with us.

Advertisements
Tagged , , , ,

13 thoughts on “Autumn Greetings!

1. Beverley Strain says:

So happy to see you!! I was worried. I really missed your posts!

2. Nice to see you back on your happy commute.

3. Jennifer in Scotland says:

I have missed your beautiful stories and pictures and am glad to see you back! Now that your pic links are being restored, I may read back through some of your Autumn archives. I need some inspiration to cycle again after getting a bit sluggish and losing the cycle commute habit. I recall some lovely past posts about the magic of cycling during the fall season.

• dottie says:

Thank you, Jennifer! I’ve also been sluggish over the past winter and summer, but getting back on my bike everyday now feels great.

Trying to restore all our photos feels like an exercise in futility, but perhaps one day the work will be complete. In the meantime, I tried to restore as many of the fall posts as I could: https://letsgorideabike.com/tag/fall-cycling

• Jennifer in Scotland says:

Wonderful – thanks Dottie. I will delve right in. I am determined to cycle tomorrow. The weather here has been mild and sunny so really I have no reason not to.

4. oldbikerider says:

So glad the fall air has brought back your interest in blogging, missed you guys!
    The squirrels save the nuts, but i think they smoke the butts at night during the card games – i’ve seen the painting, HA!

5. […] beautiful fall continues, making my daily bike commutes an absolute pleasure.  I’m not a natural morning […]

6. Udo from across the big pond says:

Such a relief to find you are still ready to share your experiences as a bike commuter. Keep at it