The snow is melting!

The blizzard’s snow has melted 60%, as the temperatures soar up to the 30’s and 40’s. Feels like spring – almost is spring.

More on this exciting turn of events soon. :)

Advertisements
Tagged ,

20 thoughts on “The snow is melting!

1. *amanda* says:

Oh my gosh! Say it again: “almost spring!” “ALMOST SPRING!” I love it…those two words send my heart a flutter…even better: “ALMOST SUMMER!” Ahhh! It’s like you’re saying “Elvis” and I’m a teenage girl from the 1950s! (40s?) ;)

2. cycler says:

It was 40 something yesterday in Boston!!!
    Unfortunately the temps dropped way down overnight, and all the puddles turned into icy sheets. Still, it’s better than giant piles of snow- the “jersey barriers between the street and the sidewalk are only knee high now instead of chest hight.

It’s supposed to be warm for a couple of days later this week, so I have high hopes that we’ll see the bike lanes before long!

• Dottie says:

Puddles froze overnight here, too, but there are surprising few of them, so it’s not bad at all. Now it’s raining, so I hope the forecast is right and the temps stay warmer all week.

3. bongobike says:

“Soaring” to the 30s and 40s?!? LOL! I really feel for you northeners. Sunday I went for a beautiful 50-mile ride in sunny 70-degree weather–absolutely gorgeous. Austin rocks! OK, OK, no more rubbing it in… ;-)

• dukiebiddle says:

From Wikipedia:

Austin summers are usually hot and humid, with average July and August highs in the mid-90s °F (34–36 °C). Highs exceed 90 °F (32.2 °C) on 109 days per year, and 100 °F (37.8 °C) on 12.

Have fun with that.

• bongobike says:

That’s about right, except the “humid” part. Sometimes it can be rather humid, most of the time it’s actually pretty dry (unless of course you are from Arizona, in which case Austin would feel like a Louisiana swamp to you). Try Houston and then talk to me about humidity.

Regarding the heat, I prefer it to freezing cold, long nights and tons of snow and ice. I can have fun with the heat but not with that.

4. adventure! says:

I find it grandly ironic that there somehow is a chance of flurries in Portland on Thursday!

5. Flitcraft says:

Last night’s ride from triple digit Manhattan to brownstone Brooklyn took place in fiftyish degree weather. The west wind that buffeted me down Broadway also sent me sailing over the East River on the Manhattan Bridge, now largely free of snow. My return trip a few hours later? Dang! w/a touch of nasty.
    So, too, Spring Comes To Chicago this poet says, and I believe him. In fact I’d write McGrath and tell him how thoroughly I enjoyed his book if only I knew the address in MIAMI to which he has absconded.

6. Maureen says:

Spring, blue skies, warm breezes, and nice rides…it’s coming!

• Dottie says:

Sounds beautiful. Funny how it’s almost impossible to believe in the depths of winter, but I know it must happen eventually. Sometimes I even look at photos from last summer to be sure. :)

7. GravelDoc says:

Last week our temps were in the minus numbers; today in the 50’s and tomorrow into the 60’s! I’m not trying to rub it in; this is just our crazy Missouri Ozarks weather. One recent sign of the (hopefully) soon coming Spring was the large flock of robins in our yard just before our last snow storm. I’m anxious to get out and ride some gravel roads but after having 18 inches of snow melt that fast, things are going to be kind of sloppy for awhile.

• Dottie says:

A flock of robins sounds lovely!

The high on Thursday is supposed to be 60 in Chicago, too. Crazy times. Sloppiness is an unfortunate side effect, although it hasn’t been nearly as bad as I expected so far. (knock on wood)

8. tastymoog says:

I am loving the bit of warmth this week because I haven’t been on my bike since early December (*hangs head*). Need to get back in cycle commuting shape!