Starting Tuesday evening, 20 inches of snow fell in 24 hours. Here’s what it looked like yesterday:
My work closed yesterday and today – I didn’t know Chicago ever had snow days! By this afternoon, I was itching to get out of the house and do something. This was my agenda:
- Movie theater to watch Blue Valentine
- Thrift store where I scored a beige jersey dress with two big horses printed on the skirt
- Record store to look for the new Decembrists on vinyl (no luck)
- Bookstore to buy my fave magazine, Lula
- Drug store to drop of film for developing
Luckily, all of these businesses had re-opened already. I opted to ride my bike, not from a sense of adventure, but because it made the most sense.
I wanted to get to a certain area and didn’t want to walk 3 miles roundtrip or deal with public transportation. The ride was fine. While the side streets are drowned in snow, the main routes have been plowed and cars were nice enough while going around me.
Pretty cool, right? I enjoyed my first blizzard. :)
How’s everyone else dealing with the weather?