Pashley Pride in NYC

Trisha w/Pashley Princess Sovereign and Dottie with the Pashley Poppy

Dottie and I took a spin on some bikes from Adeline Adeline this afternoon with our friend Wanda. We took our time looking over their impressive inventory–Linus, Pashley, Batavus, Gazelle and more–and rode a couple of models each, including the Pashley Princess Sovereign and Pashley Poppy pictured above. It was my first Pashley ride and Dottie’s first time on a Pashley Poppy–and the first time riding the streets of New York City for all three of us. The ensuing debriefing covered many topics, including compare and contrast: Pashley Poppy and Azor Oma; is bigger really better when it comes to bells; and the prevalence of bike salmon. More to come on these all-important thoughts and our NYC experiences when we get home!

Advertisements
Tagged , , ,

28 thoughts on “Pashley Pride in NYC

1. Oh wow, you are BOTH riding Pashleys, how extremely cute : )) I am looking forward to all the comparisons you mentioned, and wishing you a fun time in NYC!

2. Miss Sarah says:

Welcome to the Pashley club! Hope the bikes treated you well. Even after years of riding Pashley I’ve recently readjusted the saddle and tilt on the handlebars for better fit.

3. welshcyclist says:

Gorgeous as always, two beautiful girls and two beautiful bikes, what more can a cyclist wish to see? Hope you all had agreat time. You say you were allowed a spin on these bikes by the shop, is that because of the fame now of LGRAB?

4. maureen says:

Great photo. Can’t wait to hear more about your trip, and your test drives as well! Hope you loved biking in the city!

5. Tinker says:

You can never have too BIG a bell. My wife just shudders when I push the lever on my 3.5″ bell. But it always gets attention, and people get out of the way, or step back out of the bike lane.

It replaced a 1″ apology for a real bell from the bike maker, that used to make people scratch their head as to where that mostly inaudible came from.

6. Kara says:

Gotta love Pashley Pride!

7. Julie says:

Gosh! I was out grocery-riding on Saturday in NYC! I’ve got to get down to that store, but I know it’s gonna hurt ($$$) when we give in and go check it out.

• Trisha says:

I know, I always end up getting something every time I go into a bike shop! This was no exception. They have a little something for every price range though. Definitely worth checking out!

8. Vee says:

I love it when you road trip together! can’t wait for the reviews and NYC photo ops!

9. I’m sorry I missed you guys when you stopped by the shop. It was a very rare day that I wasn’t there. You look great on those Pashleys!

10. jamison says:

did you get mugged, i bet you got mugged.

11. Lady Vélo says:

How gorgeous!
    Hope you had fun on the Pashleys!

12. Melissa Parpan says:

I just bought my Pashley Princess Sovereign from this store! Trisha, you may not remember me, I had e-mailed you a few months ago looking for a similar bike I saw Marisa Tomei riding in a TV ad. Thanks to this blog I found my dream bike. I hope you’re both enjoying biking in my awesome city!

13. Elizabeth says:

Is more coming about the Pashley experience? I am currently debating Pashley vs. Oma vs. Batavus Breukelen. I hope you guys share your thoughts!

14. […] And then of course, on Let’sGoRideABike   https://letsgorideabike.com/blog/2010/08/pashley-pride-in-nyc/ […]

15. Pari says:

Really cool…Its just making me feel jealous!