Focus

Hello there!

dscf4046resized

My focus lately has not been on blogging, but I have some renewed energy now.  In three wteeks, I start a new job (an exciting step up in my career!) that will bring me a longer and more scenic bike commute.  And to reward myself I bought a beautiful digital camera that has me eager to document my rides.

This morning I enjoyed my regular bike ride to work in the sunshine and crisp air.

DSCF4036resized

DSCF4045resized

Betty has been my constant companion for the last month, although I expect to swap her out for Oma as soon as the snow starts.

DSCF4040resized
And here’s what I wore on my bike, although this was in the middle of the day and Betty, unfortunately, was not around to pose with me.  A cashmere sweater and scarf with a leather jacket kept me plenty warm in the low-30 temps.

DSCF4077resized

That’s about all I have to share for now.  :-)

I hope everyone is doing well!

Tagged , , , , , , ,

14 thoughts on “Focus

1. Thom Wilson says:

Hi Dottie & Welcome Back.
    Fearful some malady had spoiled your fun, it’s a relief to see it’s “only” a new job, congrats.

Looks like you’ll be riding Oma very soon – HA!
    Cheers

• Dottie says:

Sorry to cause worry. I think I will be pulling out Oma soon, although Chicago winter weather has been wonky in the last couple of years, so who knows.

2. G.E. says:

Congratulations on the new job! Hope it’s everything you want it to be. :O)

3. Archergal says:

Congratulations on the new job! Get out there and show them what you can do. :)

4. Ryan says:

Congratulations. How long is the new commute, I wonder?

5. Mr_Smooth says:

Congrats on the longer commute (and the new job)! I went from 16 to
    20 to 24 miles per day in recent years and I feel cheated on the days I
    have to use the train or my car.

6. Fuji is doing some impressive things…and so are you. Congratulations!

7. Tom Wyland says:

Congrats on the new job! Why the Fuji micro four thirds and not the Olympus PEN? Just curious.

• Dottie says:

Thanks!

I chose Fuji because of its ability to capture colors and tones (especially skin tones) beautifully. I love the look of film, but the cost and inconvenience of developing are getting to be a bit much for everyday photos. The Fuji is an acceptable middle ground for me. I’m still exploring the settings, but I’m very happy so far!

The Fuji X-E1 has an APS-C sensor, larger than micro 4/3. Other than that, I don’t know much about the tech side, but I know what I like when I see it. :)

Do you have a preferred camera?

• Tom Wyland says:

I like my older Canon DSLR (aps-c) but I am looking to downsize. I have or narrowed down to the Olympus OMD EM5 or the PEN EP5. I will check out the Fuji. It is tough to change if you have lenses, filters flash for your DSLR.