Fall is Here!

Time to break out the tweed and cashmere – fall is here!

20131011-R1-01784-004A

I have a habit of writing every year about how much I love fall, and this year will be more of the same.  It’s such a perfect time for bike riding, especially for riding in full work clothes without arriving sweaty.

20131011-R1-01784-010A

I enthusiastically pulled out from under my bed the two containers of cold-weather clothes and suddenly I have a whole new wardrobe.  This week I will replenish my supply of black and brown tights, then I’ll be good to go through early spring.  :-)

Tagged , , , , , , , , ,

14 thoughts on “Fall is Here!

1. Martin Rutgersson says:

Well, the autumn
    really suits you. Beautiful picture!

Martin

Sailing cyclist
    oe33.blogspot.com

2. I love riding through leaves. Although, they keep getting stuck in my fenders and breaks. Leaf debris necessitates more frequent bike cleaning I think.

3. E A says:

I see Oma is back up and running :-)

You embrace fall the way I wish I could… I just don’t like the chilly temps and dark commutes.

4. Katja says:

As someone who loves cycling but is a little nervous about cold temps + twilight commutes: got any tips?

• Dottie says:

Good question, Katja! We’ve written about this some in the past, but we’ll work on a new post to put our tips together.

• Lipska says:

Yes, please! I’d be especially keen to hear about good tights for winter commuting. I’ve experimented quite a lot, but haven’t found anything that would be good for really cold weather. Falke softmerino always rip at the y-seams (don’t know why); smartwool tights totally overwhelmed me in sizing (I’m a tall girl with curves), and anything polyester-y just does not work for me.

5. Reason I love this weather and will ride to work every day on my bike is because I don’t have to worry about changing some parts of my outfit when I arrive :)

6. Bobbin and Sprocket says:

Yay for fall!!! I’ve been pulling out all my woolens and knitting even more lately. And it’s so nice to arrive at work all warmed up, but not sweating. I’m even looking forward to doing more sport cycling this fall/winter. Because why stop at commuting! BTW, love that crate on the front of your Oma. I need to replace the stock basket that came on my Pash.

7. Elizabeth says:

Yesterday was perhaps the first day that I wasn’t sweaty when I boarded the train with my bike after my 4 mile ride downtown. Hooray!