The Return!

Hello!  We are back!  Pardon the silence, but sometimes a woman has to travel.  :-)

photoresized

Trisha posted a teaser about our destination a couple of weeks ago and reader Jennifer correctly guessed our location: Dubrovnik, Croatia!  But wait, there’s more.  A full reveal of all our destinations is below.

Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina:

photo_6resized

Mostar, Bosnia-Herzegovina:

photo_5resized

Dubrovnik, Croatia:

photo_4resized

Lake Skadar, Montenegro (our home base was Herceg Novi):

photo_2resized

Lustica Peninsula, Montenegro:

photo_1resized

Belgrade, Serbia:

photo_7resized

We will post much more later, including details about an amazing bike excursion we went on one day.

Now back to regularly scheduled bike blog programming.  :-)

Tagged ,

8 thoughts on “The Return!

1. Sarah W. says:

Gorgeous!

2. Ken C. says:

Beautiful! I’ve actually been to Split, Croatia, but that was many years ago, during their troubles. Beautiful place; most of the buildings were white-washed with red tile roofs [or "rooves" for us old guys]. Spectacular location, but it would be a challenge for cycling, I think, at least in the town, because of the narrow, winding roads.

3. Jennifer in Scotland says:

That’s what I call a trip! Looks amazing.

4. G.E. says:

So incredibly beautiful! You ladies take the best vacations. :O)

5. Lauren Taylor says:

GAH still so jealous :)

6. Victoria says:

Hi I was wondering if you can give me some advice. I’m a college student (living off campus) and I have decided to use my bike for everything other than riding to class (20 miles round trip 3x a week). Let’s face it gas isn’t cheap and on a student budget even worse. So I decided to ride as much as I could. I’ve already picked out a bike. But I was wondering what is the most difficult aspect of using bike as transportation? Is it hard to get used to? etc.
    By the way I absolutely love your blog. You’ve inspired me to make a blog of my own when I start to keep track of all my cycling adventures.

• LGRAB says:

Reading through our archives would probably be the best way to figure this out! But a short answer: I don’t think either of us found bike commuting particularly hard to get used to. For me (Trisha) the hardest part was figuring out how to cope with different kinds of weather, but you’ll find plenty of advice here and in other online forums for that (and some things you have to learn by trial and error!). Good luck and let us know how things go. :)

7. Spip says:

Even if I am a bit late, nice to read that you had a pleasent time.

Do you know the “Strangers in Paradise” comic from Terry Moore? Both of you sitting in the train (?) in the first picture of this post look like a livelike Francine & Katchoo.