Wintry Beauty

Dusk.  Lake Michigan.  Frozen waves.  Two days after a storm dumped 9 inches of snow on Chicago.  Just another work commute.

P1020919resized

P1020936resized

P1020932resized
P1020929resized

P1020933resized

P1020920resized
By the time I made my way up the trail, the sun had finished setting.  As you can see, despite the heaps of snow, the trail itself is totally clear – plowed and salted.

There is something about bicycling outside on a particularly beautiful winter day that gets me every time.  During these magical moments, no other season can compare.

This is a reminder to enjoy and appreciate the wintry beauty while we can, even while excited for spring.

{A different look at the beauty of wintry Lake Michigan two years ago.}

Tagged , , , , , , , ,

18 thoughts on “Wintry Beauty

1. [...] Behold the Lakefront Trail’s Snowy Beauty (LGRAB) [...]

2. steve_a_dfw says:

Personally, I’m not ready to call that tall building the Willis Tower anytime soon…

3. steve_a_dfw says:

4. sophia says:

“There is something about bicycling outside on a particularly beautiful winter day that gets me every time. During these magical moments, no other season can compare.”

I agree one hundred percent! This is my first winter away from Chicago; thanks for giving me a cyclist’s view of the city.

• Dottie says:

Glad I could bring a bit of Chicago to you. Where are you now and do you miss Chicago a lot?

• sophia says:

I am in Sweden, and I get to use fantastic biking infrastructure with great views…but I do still miss Chicago because it was home for quite awhile and it is a great city. It was also where I developed my appreciation for bicycles. :)

5. guy says:

Beautiful pics, thanks for sharing a vision that commuters in cars, buses and trains never get to appriciate. To quote Ferris Bueller: “Life moves fast, sometimes you need to stop and look around” Can you tell I watched the movie again last night?

6. Unbelievable that such a remote-looking wintry landscape is right in the middle of the city. Thanks for the beautiful photos Dottie.

7. Fred Smith says:

Beautiful pictures, it’s like a magical landscape. The only reason I’m not jealous is that it looks so cold!

8. To echo everyone else, these photos are beautiful! I love the pink glow the setting sun casts on the snow. I also love the picture of the ferris wheel all lit up!

9. Hyedie says: