January’s Women Who Bike Brunch

On Sunday morning, our group of awesome women got together for some brunching.  :-)

I must give a special “thank you!” to the new restaurant, Southport and Irving, which was especially welcoming (see that looong table below? that’s all us on a busy morning) and served delicious food (duck confit with caramelized onions, scallions, duck fat potatoes, poached eggs and mustard sauce – I had to hold myself back from licking the plate).

P1020789resized

P1020791resized

(The duck confit was gone before I got to my camera, so here is a photo of my tea bag.)

P1020792resized

I was so distracted by eating, I failed to get photos documenting everyone who was there.  I managed to capture only a few stragglers.  :-)

Chika! looking so fab in orange.

P1020794resized

Sara with her sparkly gold helmet, blue Pashley, and orange Chika.

P1020798resized

Sarah rocking the fur hat.

P1020800resized

Her front rack is conveniently equipped with a bottle opener!

P1020801resized

Rachel just moved to Chicago from Atlanta and brought this amazing cat helmet with her (kids’ section at Target!).

P1020804resized

I threw on jeans, boots, and a trench.  Forgot my earmuffs but lucky for my poor ears, I did not have far to bike.

P1020805resized

The outside of Southport and Irving (located, perhaps not surprisingly, at Southport and Irving).

P1020807resized

Interested in joining our brunch group?  You should be!  We’re friendly, smart, and fun – if I may ring our own bell.  We love new people.  Email me at LGRAB@letsgorideabike.com to be included on the evites.

Tagged , , , , , , ,

13 thoughts on “January’s Women Who Bike Brunch

1. Ah this sounds like so much fun. When I start grad school in Newark in a couple of days, I’m going to organize an Women Who Bike brunch there. As far as I know, there’s not much of a cycling culture there but we’ll see what I can muster up by March!

• Dottie says:

That’s great to hear! I think the less of an established cycling culture in a city, the more important such a group would be. Good luck!

2. Erin B says:

I would love one of those front racks with bottle openers!

3. Ash L says:

Looks like Chika had a huge breakfast. ;) Is she still riding? I remember at Feast her old man had wanted her to stop.

4. nikki says:

we’re moving to chicago next year… put me on the rsvp list! :)

5. Tad Salyards says:

Why quit riding when pregnant? Much of the world does not. http://bloomablog.wordpress.com/2011/09/19/would-you-bike-while-pregnant-or-in-labor/
    Yes, that is my beautiful wife days away from having our second son on her new Linus :) Very proud I am.

6. Tad Salyards says: