Chicago’s Tweed Ride

A fun and friendly group gathered for Chicago’s Tweed Ride on Saturday.  After an unexpected thunderstorm, the weather was sunny and exceptionally warm for November.

After the second pub stop, I broke off the ride with a group of girlfriends for dinner at Bangers and Lace.  I love that going on a Tweed Ride naturally means hanging out with so many of my friends.  Good times.

I know Des Moines had a Tweed Ride on Saturday (looking forward to the pictures!).  Anyone else?

Tagged , , , , , , ,

16 thoughts on “Chicago’s Tweed Ride

1. Tom Kelley says:

I love the picture of the gent with a proper milk crate lashed to his rear rack. If I didn’t know better I could confuse him with Bertie Wooster on an outing with the chaps from the Drones club.

Well done Dottie.

2. Matt Martin says:

Awesome! We just had one down here in Indy. I’d love to join Chicago’s ride next year, and you all should join ours as well! I recognize one lad from a photo above, he came down for Indy’s Tweed Ride! Check out the photos:

3. Cameron Adams says:

What fun! It seems a tweedy wave of bike style is sweeping across the US. Atlantans rode Sunday. http://tinyurl.com/cbblako

4. Simply Bike says:

This looks fabulous! I’m sorry to report that our family never made it out to the Tweed Ride on Sunday. It was terribly cold and it rained plus snowed and we just didn’t know how our one year old would fare. We also didn’t think we could take shelter in a lot of pubs and keep warm by doing that with a toddler…maybe we should have just risked it and gone? I was bummed to miss it but I’m hoping to make it out to next year’s. Maybe we’ll even get a sitter then. :)

Love the photos from the Chicago ride and I hope I get to see some Des Moines ride photos somewhere online.

5. Simply Bike says:

6. Garth KATNER says:

Many, many thanks for riding with us and taking the awesome (as usual) snaps of the ladies and gents. I’ve shared your link with the BBC folks. They’ll definitely inspire us as we begin planning the 2013 Cozy hearth Tweed Ride for mid-Winter. Keep your eyes peeled for it on the Chainlink calendar!

7. Christina says:

Unsure if this link will work, but Cleveland puts on a very elaborate Tweed Ride every year, usually earlier in the spring. Some of the outfits are amazing (as well as the bikes!). I can attest that tweed works brilliantly as biking gear in blustery weather. :)

8. Velosopher says:

My vote for best-dressed goes to the chap with the British flag on his helmet. I want to lunch with this fellow, whom I’ve never met. Unfortunately, I live in Western Mass…

9. Great information. Lucky me I recently found your website by
    accident (stumbleupon). I have saved as a favorite for later!

10. I am curious to find out what blog system you’re working with?
    I’m experiencing some minor security issues with my latest
    website and I’d like to find something more risk-free. Do you have any suggestions?

11. Make sure you get a reputable brand with a comprehensive warranty.
    Who needs that stupid overload of eating tools on a western restaurant table which only serves to
    confuse and embarrass the uninitiated and succeeds to seriously annoy me.
    Located in the Takua Pa district, this charming
    coastal resort entices and relaxes you.

12. Myrtis says:

Spot on with this write-up, I honestly think this website needs a lot more
    attention. I’ll probably be back again to see more, thanks for the info!

13. The slime ball who just left is your ex-husband, you say’.
    However, heart problems are among the most prevalent genetic problems that a
    family might have to face. First, you have to know that even guys
    who seem to have everything such as looks, experience and confidence get dumped after
    a first date.

14. I love what you guys tend to be up too. This kind of clever work and coverage!
    Keep up the excellent works guys I’ve included you guys to my own blogroll.

15. Tom Kelley says: