Bonfire Tweed Ride – This Saturday

This Saturday is the 4th Annual Bonfire Tweed Ride in Chicago, starting at Four Moon Tavern at 1 p.m.  I haven’t made it to a tweed ride in a couple of years, so I’m looking forward to this one.

{beautiful Scottish tweed from Brora: outfit 1outfit 2}

If you’re in Chicago, come on out!  Not sure what a tweed ride outfit would be?  Check out this Tweed Time fashion inspiration.  Trisha’s last Fashion Friday outfit would work well, too!

More info on the ride here.

Anyone else tweed riding this fall?

Tagged , , , , , ,

6 thoughts on “Bonfire Tweed Ride – This Saturday

1. Simply Bike says:

I’m attending my first one this Sunday in Des Moines and I can’t wait! I’ve been pulling together inspiration photos on Pinterest and then hit up Goodwill with search items in mind. I found an amazing wool blazer for T that I think he should wear all the time, tweed run or no tweed run. And I found a vintage dress for myself that I’m hoping will work with enough warm layers underneath.

I don’t know what to expect from the Des Moines ride, this is only the 3rd one. But I think no matter the size of the event, it’s bound to be a good time. Can’t wait to see photos from your Chicago one!

I think I learned of Tweed Runs way back when you (Dottie) went to one in Chicago and there was the rainroad tracks fall incident :) Despite the spill, it all sounded so fun and glamorous and I’ve been dying to attend one ever since.

S.

• Ash L says:

ha, i fell on some street car tracks at a tweed ride last year. it must be a rite of passage. i landed on my feet but the prosecco in my pannier didn’t fair as well.

2. Cameron Adams says:

Tweedy weather forecasted for both of our rides. Looking forward to the images.

3. l* says:

Call it tweed, tweel, or twill (Scot) … I just love the fabric. (I have inherited 2 generations of tweed clothes … with (‘tedious’ ) alterations made to fit me … and suits of my own) I hope I could participate in the next ‘Tweed Ride’ when there’s one at where I am. It would be great fun .

{I got the suspicion that tweed clothes/fabrics are slowly but surely coming back (into fashion)/gaining renewed interest because of ‘Tweed Rides’.}
    l

4. l* says:

l

5. Garth Katner says:

Thanks for attending and giving us a shout out. Looking forward to the pix!