Late October Chill

BRRRRR!  The October warm-up is over and real Chicago fall has arrived with morning and evening temps in the 30’s F, which is basically as cold as winter in my native North Carolina.  This is my 6th fall in Chicago, but the reality of the first chill still surprises me.

Yesterday I wore a wool dress, tights, and my new Chloe trench from Paris (love!) for my entire bike commute.  I thought I would get overheated, but nope.

The street lights were on by 5:30 p.m.

I felt kinda like a baby, complaining of my frozen fingers and toes when I arrived home, but even Ted the Cat, with his massive fur coat, has taken to snuggling under blankets.

So here’s to staying warm with the start of cold weather bicycling in Chicago!

Tagged , , , , , , , , ,

9 thoughts on “Late October Chill

1. Aaron Whaley says:

I won’t rub it in that it was 67 here in the Carolinas today ;)

Aaron

2. my hyggelig says:

6 for me too in the MW. I never think I will survive, but one has to hunker down and accept. Cheers to us!

3. [...] I woke up this morning to a chilly 36 degrees and a projected high of 54, not too dissimilar to the temps Dottie described in her last post. But with the weather going on in the East today, I’m not going to complain [...]

4. Ambur says:

What kind of bag is that?

5. Sarah W. says:

Ted is cute! I wore new down-filled gloves for the first time this morning and they were toasty! Stay warm, Dottie. The coat looks great.

6. Pat Morgan says:

Beautiful bike, pics and cat!! I completely understand the cold sensation! I also came from a place really warm and for me 30 degrees is even colder than the worst winter I had before!! But I think I can always warm up when I’m ridding.

7. Pat Morgan says: