Fashion Friday: European Vacation

Today I’m heading to Europe, where I’ll meet Trisha to enjoy a whirlwind 10-day trip through London, Paris, Amsterdam, and a bit of Dublin!

This is the collage I created to plan my packing.

And here is Trisha’s packing collage.  Yes, we are planning nerds.  :-)

Everything is good for walking and bicycling comfortably while (hopefully!) looking chic.

We’ll be taking many trains and riding lots of bicycles.  And we’re shoving everything into carry-ons, so wish us luck!

How do you pack for trips?  Do you have any traveling tips to share?

Tagged , , , , , , , ,

9 thoughts on “Fashion Friday: European Vacation

1. beth says:

you should add into your packing a pair of leggings to go under your skirts and dresses. I come from Australia and live in Germany now and all the girls do it and wear them with boots and coloured/patterned socks peeping out the top plus especially if you are cycling because leggings are a lot warmer than tights. Also something to keep your head warm, you can never tell if it is going to be 15C or 5C.

2. Scott says:

Three great cities to visit :-). In Amsterdam, Vondel Park is a most wonderful place to ride. Find yourself in Dublin city centre, a great cup of tea can be had from Bewleys’s Cafe on Grafton Street! Have a great time.

3. anniebikes says:

Great! I’m glad You two are going on another adventure.

Since you asked, I would recommend bringing warm footwear (it is October in Europe…), light weight gloves if you chill easily, a lightweight nylon satchel, the kind that zips into a tight little package – I found mine invaluable for picking up a few groceries or using for laundry, otherwise it is easily stowed away. What about a Pashmina-type scarf, too? It can double as a hood, a skirt, or wrap and comes in handy on chilly plane rides. I took along a hoody and pulled up the hood whenever my head was cold.

When I traveled in August and September, United Airlines allowed one check-in bag for free. If your airline offers this same luxury (it is a luxury these days) why not take advantage of it?

My girlfriend took along a Sherpani Zoe bag. It’s essentially a wallet with a shoulder strap. She was able to carry her passport, money, and lip balm. Every time she looped it around her body, carrying her valuables close, it looked like the cutest and most practical thing. I want one. She stuffed it in a handlebar bag while we were touring and took it out whenever we left the bikes.

4. Simply Bike says:

Ahhhh, so jealous! It sounds fabulous and I can’t wait to see photos and follow along from afar. Please show us beautiful images of cycling through Paris and London, I need that to weather the Iowa winter :)

Wishing you both a wonderful trip!

5. Fashion Pas says:

oh, I do the same! I had a travel series on my blog about it! Man, I even planned my long haul flights carry-on goodies, different outfits for the different weathers and cities…I mean, it’s worth planing! But only if you are familiar with the weather. If not, you should research first. For instance, I was coming from the NZ winter into the UK Summer (pretty much the same weather!) but then was off to a conference in Greece, friend visiting in Vienna and family time in Portugal. All these places are way too hot for any kind of UK outfits so I had to make sure I had stuff I could layer. Otherwise it would be too many outfits to carry around Europe!

But for your trip now, don’t forget warm footwear and gloves. Protect your extremeties :) You may be lucky but odds are weather will be wet and cold now. Unless you have the UK genes, I would definitely recommend warmer clothes or things you can make your outfit warmer like the leggings suggestion below…Otherwise you’ll be too cold in those places!

Good luck!

6. Fashion Pas says:

Good luck!

7. Fashion Pas says:

Oh, also, if you don’t have a little light groceries bag that folds into a small package, get one at Paperchase in London (there’s one in Victoria station) :) they’re adorable and very inexpensive ;) And take care if you ride a bicycle in London. Never too cautious!

8. Bon Voyage! I look forward to seeing the pictures. I hope you and Trish have a wonderful time :-)

9. Sara says:

Have fun. I love that you two continue to have these meet-ups.