September Women-Who-Bike Brunch

In September, the women-who-bike brunch group picnicked for the final time this year.  Lucky for us, the weather was perfect.

Here are some of the cool women-who-bike and their trusty steeds.

After the picnic, a few of us walked over to the nature museum and stopped by the butterfly sanctuary…

…on our way to check out the final day of the “Bikes! Green Revolution” exhibit, which I originally blogged about last spring.

I dig the old school cycle chic posters.

The next brunch will be this Sunday with special guest Trisha!  :-)  Email LGRAB@letsgorideabike.com if you’re interested in joining us.

Tagged , , , , ,

14 thoughts on “September Women-Who-Bike Brunch

1. Lisa Curcio says:

That single goose desperately tried to join the picnic! Enjoyed my first Women Who Bike Brunch and looking forward to Sunday.

2. l* says:

Am always tagging on news about your ‘Woman-Who-Bike Brunch’. I’ve been away from my ‘group’ for nearly 8 mths and missed them ‘acutely’ :0 (… am back and with them as from this month …. whew!)
    Thanks for showing the ‘vintage’ adverts …. I love (looking at) them. My mom is attracted to the name ‘Dorothy Lamour’ in the second advertisement poster as , according to her, Dorothy Lamour was a ‘gorgeous, glamorous and famous’ actress when my mom was a school-girl.
    l*

3. Trisha says:

I cannot believe you went back for a second round of butterflies. Badass.

4. anniebikes says:

Oooh, what nice bikes! I think that blue baby is a Pilen. There’s something about that bike that speaks to me.

I am also drawn to the old bike posters. That’s why I use the Stearns poster image in my profile. I’m looking for fabric that replicates the pattern in the skirt.

• LGRAB says:

That’s a great poster and skirt! You’re right, the first blue bike pictured above is a lovely Pilen. (The next blue is a Surly and the last blue is a Linus.)

5. Megan says:

I’m going to miss our small picnics this winter! Thanks for planning these, Dottie. We all appreciate it.

6. Megan says:

7. Slim says:

Nice bikes, nice bikers ;).

8. […] seeing Women Who Bike Brunches in other cities being blogged Denise, Andrea and I decided organize one in […]

9. […] seeing Women Who Bike Brunches in other cities being blogged Denise, Andrea and I decided organize one in […]

10. jamonwheels says:

I am finding it impossible to find a step through bike frame comfortably large enough from my large frame. I am 76 inches tall, very tall for a woman, with a 36 inch inseam. Help! Are there really no frames for women larger than 19 inches?