A Happy October Outfit

Welcome to October!  It’s hard to believe that September is already over and fall is seriously here.  The weather in Chicago is cooling down substantially and in response I pulled out the (sometimes fingerless) gloves, cashmere, and jeans.

This is a typical fall outfit, although for now the sweater comes off at a stop light early in the ride.

I’m happy for the change in seasons – in fact, October is my favorite month!  How are you handling the transition?

Tagged , , , , , ,

15 thoughts on “A Happy October Outfit

1. Scott says:

You are looking beautiful. Yes, October can bring lovely riding weather on the best days. Lovely bike – has the workcycle had a spray paint?
    Your Irish Claddagh ring, is it on the correct hand, if so your man should get a move on! http://www.thecladdagh.com/show82.htm

2. anniebikes says:

Handling the transition just fine. Fall is my favorite season: lightweight gloves, tights, and socks in sandals, at least for the time being. Waiting for the rain to part though. 4 days of 50F is wearing me out and I’m riding less. I like the coolness, just not the wet.

3. anniebikes says:

4. Lisa Curcio says:

Absolutely loving this weather, but still fine-tuning the layering. Where to find the (sometimes) fingerless gloves?

5. Kittykatmoll says:

I’ve just found this blog and I think it’s absolutely fantastic. Thank you! I live in Saudi Arabia and it’s cooling down here now too, reaching only 40 degrees C most days. The evenings and mornings are now very pleasant for cycling. Due to the heat I’m still wearing as little as possible, but in a few weeks the mornings will become really chilly and socks will be going back on my feet.

6. Dennis Hindman says:

In October, and up until about mid November, the city of Chicago is expecting to install about 50% more protected and buffered bike lanes than they have since Rahm Emanuel has been mayor. So, October should be a big increase in the pace of bicycle infrastructure installations in Chicago.

• Dennis Hindman says:

I should have said Chicago will install 150% more bicycle infrastructure in October and mid-November compared to all the previous months combined since Rahm Emanuel has been mayor.

7. Christy says:

I’m envious of those experiencing weather changes. It’s still hot here in San Diego. In the 90s with 73% humidity today.

• LGRAB says:

Yeesh, that’s hot! I guess the plus side of San Diego is sunny skies almost every day of the year, but I so enjoy changing seasons.

8. Christy says:

9. georgina ormrod says:

This morning for my dawn ride I put on three laters on top and had ski gloves. Need to invest in thermal socks! It was really really beautiful tho. I love this time of year the best :-) enjoy autumn