David Byrne + St. Vincent

While some in the bicycling world may think “bike advocate” when they think of David Byrne, he is also a pretty big deal in the music world.  :-)  Last night, David Byrne and St. Vincent, along with a brass band, played a sold out show at the Chicago Theatre to promote their new collaborative album, Love this Giant.  They are the epitome of cool and the show was as energetic and wonderful as their album.

After the show, I biked into the beautiful Chicago night with my friends.  Too bad David Byrne could not join us – I think he would have enjoyed himself!

In Byrne’s 2009 book Bicycle Diaries, he talks of cycling in different cities when he is on tour, so I kept my eyes peeled for him around town all day, to no avail.  But I know someone who ran into him Monday in a bike shop – he was buying a basket!  I like a man who appreciates a good bike basket.

Here is the first single from Love This Giant, Who.  Great song, awesomely weird video.  Makes me want to booty dance like David Byrne and stomp my feet like Annie Clark.

I know Trisha plans to see them play in Nashville.  Anyone else catching the tour?  I highly recommend it!

Tagged , , , , , , ,

9 thoughts on “David Byrne + St. Vincent

1. Tom Wyland says:

I saw St. Vincent in concert a few years ago. I thought some of her stuff sounded like old Talking Heads. Great combination!

2. Tom Wyland says:

3. Yep – we’ve got tickets for when they come through town down here. Should be great!

4. Stephen Hodges says:

I am speechless with envy.

5. E A says:

Where did you nab those shots of the city from above??? Great b&w photography! (care to share a shot for a 2013 calendar?)

6. E A says:

7. Trisha says:

I am even more excited for this now! Agree with EA that those are some stunning shots.

8. Monduenzoe says:

Years ago in New York, I saw David Byrne on a fire engine red cruiser bike waiting at a traffic light. It pleases me that he observes traffic laws.