Bike messenger drama

Have you all caught the trailer for Premium Rush yet? (It’s a bonus they throw in when you go see Magic Mike. So I hear. Ahem.)

The shots from the cyclist’s perspective are incredible, and Manhattan looks stunning as always. I’m not usually an action movie person, but bikes + Joseph Gordon-Levitt = I’m going to have to catch this one when it comes out later this month!

Tagged , ,

14 thoughts on “Bike messenger drama

1. Megan says:

“bikes + Joseph Gordon-Levitt = I’m going to have to catch this one when it comes out later this month”
    Exactly! I’ll be second in line.

2.  bikes + Joseph Gordon-Levitt = I’ll be 3rd in line then! :)

3. Aimee Miles says:

Wow! That sounds like a great movie, bikes, cool stunts, exciting action. I’m there!

4. CyclinMissy says:

I did see the preview.  I think I have to see it.

5. Dagmaral says:

It looks a bit cheesy but in a good way, like the Bourne Identity but on a bike.

6. I think that movie looks totally ridiculous.

7. georgina ormrod says:

oooh looks fun. Wonder if it will hit the big screen in the UK or if we’ll have to wait for dvd

8. C&S says:

Great a cycle themed film, looking forward to watching.

9. Tad Salyards says:

This also marks the formal end of the fixie movement now that it’s a mainstream Hollywood film.  The hipsters will have to find something even more obscure to adopt now!  RIP fixies and good riddance :)

10. Fjnkindelan says:

From the preview, looks like a “if you bike you’ll get hit by a car” scare tactic underlies every bike scene.  The auto industry (and therefore the mass media) are definitely showing signs of dismay over bicycle popularity, which is a good sign that the effects of people turning towards bicycling are reaching the decision makers in CEO la-la land.

• LGRAB says:

I understand your concern. Anything that makes bicycling seem extremely dangerous should get the side eye. But one could say that a preview of Bourne Identity makes driving a car in Europe or Speed makes riding a bus seem extremely dangerous – I think it’s a matter of creating drama and tension in a thriller/action movie, plus it’s depicting bike messenger riding, which is very different and (from what I see around Chicago) more dangerous than regular bike commuting.

11. Karen says:

Tempted to see Premium Rush but wonder if it will influence me to engage in bad bike behavior.  I heard all about Magic Mike – from my mother-in-law!