Fashion Friday: Nearly naked edition

It’s so steamy I can’t even think about real clothes this weekend, and since the hellish weather (aka pink blob of death) that’s enveloping Tennessee right now seems to be covering much of the country there’s a good chance many of you are feeling the same. So for this week’s fashion Friday, I’m dreaming of being on a boat with some Jeni’s ice cream. Pants optional. If you live somewhere that allows you to wear more than a bathing suit or underwear this weekend . . . can I come to visit?

Nautical heat wave

Not much on my plate this weekend other than the vain attempt to keep cool, but I am looking forward to fabric shopping with Lauren and a last-minute visit from my college roommate (yay K!). Also, to multiple cucumber-rosemary gin & tonics. And possibly frying an egg or toasting marshmallows on the sidewalk. Feel free to share your weekend plans or commiserate about the heat in the comments!

Tagged , , , ,

10 thoughts on “Fashion Friday: Nearly naked edition

1. Dave says:

Come on out to Portland, we’re supposed to have thunderstorms and rain on and off through the weekend. We still have plenty of good ice cream, though :)

2. The hubs and I are headed to my mom’s house in Memphis this weekend. I’d grump about the hot weather down there, but we hit 104F here in the DC ‘burbs today so it’s not ~that~ much different. Thankfully, Mom has a pool. :) Next week we’ll be just down the Natchez Trace from you as the family migrates over to the lake house in NW Alabama. I’ve never been on the parkway and am looking forward to doing some exploration via bike if we can drag ourselves from the water. :)

Happy weekend!

3. anniebikes says:

I swam in the neighbor’s pool (we hit 92F, hot for Vermont). After dinner I gobbled mocha chip ice cream in front of the AC in our house. I only biked 3 miles this morning to take care of errands. Weekend plans will take me to our camp on the lake for multiple dips in cool water. I’m sure there will be lots of popsicles consumed too.

4. Amy Gawthrop says:

We only hit 102 here in East TN today. After 2 weekends in a row of being out of town, I’m going to take advantage of this heat wave and stay inside and get some much needed house work done. Fun! (Or maybe also sneak off to the lake with the kayak). :)

5. steve_a_dfw says:

High of 63 and light rain in Ocean Shores WA. Down the road from Forks of Twilight fame.

6. Dottie says:

“I’m on a BOAT!”   :)

Chicago’s in the mid-90’s, but thunderstorms and lake breezes keep things from getting too sizzling.

7. Here it’s 67F (at 4 pm, the high was 73F) and lightly overcast with occasionally light drizzle. But according to my 4 year old son, its “sunny today”. I wore shorts and a t-shirt, and he got all wet playing in the fountain. That’s what counts as summer weather in Portland.

8. Ampyali says:

Come to Portland! We’re getting showers and mid 60’s-low 70’s. It’s very grey, but I’m not complaining–at least we’re not sweating. I’ll be taking my new vintage Raleigh Sprite mixte out for a spin if things dry a little. I hope your weather improves soon! Do you have electricity? We heard the power was out for a good portion of the Midwest and East.

• LGRAB says:

Portland sounds like the place to be this weekend. :) Luckily I have power — really need that AC when it is still 98 at 9 pm! Nashville charted its hottest day ever on Friday (109) and we tied our daily heat records on Saturday and Sunday. It looks like Tuesday might be under 100 — fingers crossed.

9. Kevin says:

We always tell vistors to say it rains all the time here.  When you are freezing in the winter we are at 45…when you are dying under 100 degree heat and 100% humidity, we are at 72 and 30% humidity.  You are invited to spend some time in the Pacific Northwest.  come check out the culture from Seattle to Portland.  Sail on Puget Sound and enjoy our food.

Again…The invitation is there