Fashion Friday: Beautiful Beige

I went all-color for my previous Fashion Friday, but this week I’m feeling the beige.  Often stereotyped as boring, a palette of subtly varied beiges can be romantic and classy.  I love pairing bright red lips with such ensembles to provide a pop of color (Chanel is my favorite).  Many women are afraid of red lips, but the bold color is guaranteed not to look tarty on a background of beige.

My weekend plans involve biking, picture-taking, reading, and brunching with my women.  Maybe I’ll look half as put together as my style collage.  :)  What’s on your agenda?

Vintage dress, vintage camera, Breukelen from Bowery Lane Bikes (love the wood crate!), Yakkay helmet, Kate Spade sunglasses, KORS shoes, Chloe bag, Chanel lipstick.

P.S. HAPPY JUNE!

Tagged , , , , , ,

11 thoughts on “Fashion Friday: Beautiful Beige

1. Drmiczak says:

Lovely collection! I like that you included a helmet in the mix. Clarins makes a RED RED RED Lipstick that is just the right shade for summer.
    I also like dresses from Carve Designs of California. They specialize in surfwear but their dresses do very well for cycling as they are quick drying and light. Put on a Mesh Liner by Terry underneath and you have a comfortable but light chamois for your ride.

2. Amanda Stone says:

That dress is great!

3. Amanda Stone says:

That dress is great!

4. Trisha says:

When I see elegant and interesting neutrals like this I always think of you! You wear them well. Nice collection.

5. I do not look good in beige, but admire those who can pull it off. It’s an elegant look.

6. Tiffany says:

Too cute! I am sure I’ll be biking around NYC somewhere this weekend on my Raleigh Space Rider. Now I need a new beige dress for my adventure!

7. Kara says:

Oh, how I love that polka dot dress! Love the whole scheme.

8. Kara says:

Oh, how I love that polka dot dress! Love the whole scheme.