Fashion Friday: Bike Spring!

Happy Friday!  The weather in Chicago is absolutely beautiful, with blue skies and sunshine.  I am in the mood for wearing a bright spring dress and fun sandals, hopping on my bike, and riding around all weekend!  I plan to do just that, once I get this work day over with.  :)  Along with all that bike riding, my weekend plans are to go to farmer’s market, start planting a balcony garden (tomatoes and herbs!), develop some film, read a lot, and relax.

In that spirit, here is some spring bike fashion inspiration.  This is a new Fashion Friday series and the goal is to inspire – a mindset, a style, a look-alike thrift store outfit – not to advertise any particular brand.  If you are not interested in fashion, feel free to skip over these posts, but in the answers to our survey, readers overwhelmingly requested more fashion content.  The people have spoken!  :)

Nutcase “Dots” helmetSolandra T-strap sandals and Primary Blooms dress from Anthropologie, Kate Spade New York Abici from Adeline Adeline

14 thoughts on “Fashion Friday: Bike Spring!

1. Krissa says:

I have this helmet and love it! Not a ride goes by without a great comment from someone. Yesterday, it was a little girl in Cobble Hill who saw me stopped at a light and said “daddy look! I want one like that!”

2. petithiboux says:

3. Jessie K says:

Ugh, today in Seattle I brought my fleece tights back out of winter storage for my commute, and then you taunt me with this!

That’s an adorable helmet, though. I might have to look into getting a Nutcase to cheer myself up. :)

4. Jessie K says:

5. Sharon says:

Totally love that bike basket and was just scouring the Internet for it yesterday.  Can’t find it anywhere.  :-(  Love the combo on this post though!

6. Annie Angello says:

I don’t wear a helmet when I ride, but the Nutcases sometimes make me want to!

• LGRAB says:

High praise. :) Sometimes when my head gets too hot, I take mine off and dangle it from my handlebars, like fabulous bike jewelry.

7. Sara says:

Looking forward to Fashion Fridays!  You both have the best style!

8. Chrissy says:

super cute! I would love several different helmets to match all my outfits, but I only have one blue one. That’s ok- it has the paul frank monkey on it so it’s all good : )

9. Tiffany says:

I donned a little sundress and pink heels today myself while biking to the beauty parlor. My hair turned out cute, but I put my baby blue helmet right back on for the ride home. I’m
    Gonna love fashion Friday!

10. Ohhhh, a perfect touch of fun, cheery colors and spring style!  LOVE IT!

11. Glovetogloveyou says:

Yay for fashion friday! Love it!

12. Cyclechick says:

I LOVE THIS! This is a must for my gorgeous bike!

13. cheerie D. says:

Yeah for fashion. I rode my bike in a skirt, something I haven’t done since I was a kid. I owe it to this blog. My question is when you choose to tag with “style” “cycle chic,” or “style.”