The daily grind

Here in Nashville, we’ve had lovely weather for bike riding, but other than that, my trips have been pretty routine.

Especially when compared to the pictures my dad has been sending me from California.

Santa Monica pier at night, with bike

Santa Monica Pier at night

Looking up at LAX

The daily commute and trips to the usual drinking hole by bike are fun, but after 3+ years they’re not especially glamourous. Luckily, here in Nashville there are about to be plenty of opportunities to shake up your routine. For Bike Month (May, if you don’t know!) Walk/Bike Nashville has compiled a calendar of events taking place around the city, and encouraging people to create their own events. I’m leading a ride from 12South to Edgehill Village and back for pizza, dessert and drinks—a progressive dinner of sorts—on May 13, but I’m also looking forward to the Cinco de Mayo ride.

Anyone else felt the need to spice up their cycling routine lately? Is your city doing anything exciting for National Bike Month?

Tagged , , ,

7 thoughts on “The daily grind

1. cycler says:

Yes,  I feel like I’ve not had much to post about.  Bike to work, bike home, make dinner, do some advocacy work or read, go to bed.  Same old, same old.
    A progressive dinner sounds like a fun event, hmmmm…

• LGRAB says:

It is! We did one a couple of years ago that was a big hit. :) Anything you do every day (or almost every day) can get dull; going on other types of rides is what reinvigorates my interest in cycling.

~T

• LGRAB says:

~T

2. Elisa M says:

I have been taking the long way home these days (when the weather is cool enough) just to spice things up. Yes, riding a bike is more interesting than a car commute…but routine is routine and sometimes you have to shake it up even on 2 wheels!

3. Dottie says:

Cool photos!  I like your dad’s bike.

Exciting that you’ll be having an event as part of Nashville’s bike month.  Wish I could be there!

4. Elisa M says:

5. Dottie says:

Cool photos!  I like your dad’s bike.