Tulips and a Dutch Bike :)

Spring is such a beautiful time of year for riding a bike!  Oma enjoyed very much spotting so many of her homeland’s flowers during the ride home this evening.

I put her flowered basket back on for now.  I could feel a substantial weight difference with the front rack and basket today, versus strapping my bag to the rear rack, but the basket set-up is worth it for the convenience and aesthetics.

The back street route I traveled was car-free for much of the time.  Such a rarity in Chicago, which is why I’m happy to go 15 minutes out of my way.

Here’s a more representative “gritty” city shot.  I think I need to start adding more spring color to my wardrobe.  The tulips have inspired me!

I hope everyone had a lovely week of bicycling and is ready to begin the second half of April!  :)

Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

23 thoughts on “Tulips and a Dutch Bike :)

1. amidnightrider says:

Nothing is blooming on Cape Cod yet.  Wont be long though and this place will be as colorful and beautiful as the photos on this post.

• Christina says:

Ooooh lovely! You are making me now ponder a Dutch excursion next time I’m over in Europe. Hmmm … also should plant more tulips on my property. They always look best in big batches. Great photos!

• GravelDoc says:

Oma is so stately and reserved,  can’t tell if she is a little home sick or just quietly reflecting on the tulips.  Spring seems to be maturing so early this year.  Our yellow iris, which ordinarily don’t bloom until early or mid-May, started blooming today.  I got to bike to the office three days this week!  Glorious weather until Thursday when Spring storms returned.  Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos!

• Dottie says:

Oooh, Cape Cod is beautiful!  I’m sure it will be worth the wait.

2. amidnightrider says:

3. Carolyn says:

I really am looking forward to flowers.  Things are just beginning to turn green here with the recent rain.

4. Christina says:

5. anniebikes says:

I’m waiting for the tulips here. This spring the rabbits ate the tops of 50 of my own bulbs (sigh) so I’ll be biking around and enjoying other gardens.

6. Gordon Inkeles says:

Lovely bike and photos! BTW I finally found the perfect hand grip for upright bike riding. It’s easy on your wrists and fits like a glove:

7. GravelDoc says:

8. Carolyn says:

9. anniebikes says:

10. Dottie says:

I saw a rabbit on the way home today!  A mangy city rabbit, but still.

11. Dottie says:

Waiting for flowers to bloom in spring is filled with such anticipation.  Hopefully yours will appear soon.