Package Delivery

Last week, I went to the post office and here is the obligatory cargo photo.  :)

Seriously, my bike was the perfect way to go because the place was only four blocks away, but the packages would have been a bit much to carry in my arms.  I continue to be impressed by the do-anything straps that came with my Oma, although after 3.5 years in the elements, they’re starting to look dry and corroded.  I should replace them soon before they snap at an inopportune moment!

Tagged , ,

10 thoughts on “Package Delivery

1. blisschick says:

Darling photo! Love seeing the Powell’s box rather than one from that ubiquitous online bookseller/retailer. ;)

2. blisschick says:

3. cycler says:

I really love the Bibia Quattro rack straps that I got at Clever Cycles probably 4 years ago.  They’ve held up well, have the perfect stretch to strength ratio,  and I love the attachment system which keeps them firmly attached to the axles, but allows them to be quickly removed to loop through things if necessary.

I should get a backup pair, and a pair for my other bike.  I’ve bought a different set locally (Sunlight cheapo brand I think)  and they’re not nearly as stretchy.

4. deborah says:

Thanks for buying from Powell’s!

5. deborah says:

Thanks for buying from Powell’s!

6. Will says:

Lovely bicycle (as always) and it’s great to see that you ordered from Powell’s!

7. Will says:

8. Carolyn says:

Adjustable straps sure come in handy!  I use bungees on my commuters, but I need a better strapping system when I tour this Summer.  I brought my bungees when I toured last Summer, but I ended up borrowing my friend’s straps (he had brought extra, just in case), as they were adjustable unlike the bungees and they worked better at keeping my tent, sleeping bag, and other important gear, on the bike.