Chicago Cherry Blossoms

I’m so happy to be back in Chicago for springtime.  I’m more of an autumn person, but I must admit that the city looks most beautiful during the short time period when cherry blossoms bloom.

This year is way ahead of schedule.  Last year, the blossoms did not appear until May and the year before, not until mid-late April.

Another lovely change is being able to bike without tights, which is always exciting after six months of covered legs.

I’m so lucky to enjoy this beautiful scenery and weather on my bicycle every day.

Are the flowers blooming along your bike route?

27 thoughts on “Chicago Cherry Blossoms

1. Adiazroa says:

A Villy Custom could look so pretty with those trees! http://www.villycustoms.com

2. E A says:

I got to see the cherry blossoms in DC! Amazing. :-)
    I like the Chicago cherry blossoms, too.

3. Misssarahchan says:

WAH! No pink and creams here, just brown:(

But we’ll be green (hopefully) soon!

4. Misssarahchan says:

WAH! No pink and creams here, just brown:(

But we’ll be green (hopefully) soon!

5. Diana says:

Just curious….what kind of camera did you use to take those pictures? They’re gorgeous!! :)

6. Diana says:

7. AKA60643 says:

Beautiful!  All the flowers are a lovely treat on my rides now.  We have many types of flowers blooming here in Beverly, from redbuds, cherries and crabapples to daffodils, tulips, scilla (think blue lawns) and many others.  It looks more like what I’d expect to see around Mother’s Day.

8. anniebikes says:

Beautiful. Beautiful. We are going on a family trip to DC in late April and I know we’ll miss the cherry blossoms. Thank you for this lovely sight. It’s made my day.

9. Stunning pictures. Love the first one especially. Bike under blooming tree — perrfection. Enjoying my armchair travels with you.

10. Ellen Stoune says:

Lovely pictures! We’re headed to DC day after tomorrow so we’ll get to see some blossoms IRL. I am also test riding a Gazelle! Yea! (I’m also looking at the WorkCycles Secret Service)

Dottie, I am curious to know where you got your mirror. Or the brand? Thanks!

• LGRAB says:

I got the mirror from Rivendell’s website, simply called the German mirror. I love it!

The Gazelle is a great bike. Enjoy DC!

• LGRAB says:

The Gazelle is a great bike. Enjoy DC!

11. Jacknolan62 says:

Beauty all around. Thanks!

12. 2whls3spds says:

Cherry Blossoms or Dogwoods and Azaleas…don’t make me choose!

BTW do you get the “yellow clouds” of spring up there? :-D

Aaron

• LGRAB says:

Dogwoods are my all-time favorite! The house where I grew up in Fayetteville had two huge dogwood trees that I would climb and lounge on while reading. God times! The yard also had lots of azalea bushes, but I didn’t like those because they attracted so many bees.

The yellow clouds of spring are pollen? There is some pollen here, but luckily I don’t have allergies.

13. georgina ormrod says:

apple blossoms coming into flower in my patch of england. Had an unseasonably lovely hot week, tho snow is forecast once more in the next few days. Cant wait til spring makes its mind up!!

14. Rafia says:

what park are you in? I was searching for parks in Chicago with cherry blossoms for my wedding, but is having bad luck.