Bike Winter Fashion Show – Friday!

Chicago’s annual Bike Winter Fashion Show will take place this Friday, as part of the closing party of the Bike Winter Art Show.

I will be participating in the fashion show for vintage shop Lucite Box, owned by bicycling-and-brunching lady Holly. Last week, the group got together for a dress rehearsal, complete with hair and makeup magic by Christopher Conner.  Then we had a photoshoot by bicycle style photographer Martha Williams of Bike Fancy fame.  She is the best!

Model Lisa, Photographer Martha, and Vintage Clothier Holly

I’m in love with the Pashley Princess Britannia I was riding, courtesy of Boulevard Bikes. (I have a long and documented obsession with Pashleys.)

And I may have to buy this vintage 60’s tweed cape suit.  (As well as the blue velvet dress I chose as my evening look!)  Check out Lucite Box for some fabulous vintage clothing and housewares.

Me and Pashley by Martha Williams

You gotta check out the preview photos for all the lovely ladies at Bike Fancy. They look amazing! Such a fabulous collection of portraits.

Martha at Work

In Chicago? Great! Come out to the Bike Winter Fashion show this Friday night, 7-11:30, at Gala Gallery, 1000 N. Milwaukee.

The official description:

The 15th Annual Bike Winter Art Show closes on March 9th at the Gala Gallery located at 1000 N. Milwaukee Ave. Join us at the Bike Winter Art Show for a night of bicycle enthusiasm, cycling camaraderie and rider revelry that’s sure to shake off the winter blues. The benefit kicks off at 8 pm with a family fun puppet show performed by Jabberwocky. The main event, a runway fashion show, starts at 9 pm and is sponsored by Rapid Transit Cycles. After the fashion show, deejay Montay spins the beats. The event is free and open to the public.

More info on the Facebook page.

P.S. After Martha finished with my photos, she spotted this little girl bicycling in the park. Sweet!

Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

10 thoughts on “Bike Winter Fashion Show – Friday!

1. Misssarahchan says:

Looks like so much fun! Funny, I noticed the cape, and immediately I was like, “hey, that’s not Oma!” Enjoy the Pashley:)))

2. Diana says:

Pashley Britannia!! So excited to get mine…hehe

3. anniebikes says:

The cape suit is fabulous on you. What fun to be part of a photo shoot on bikes wearing vintage clothing…I’d do that in heartbeat.

4. Trisha says:

So fun! You look thrilled to be on the Brittania.

5. Kara says:

Seriously. You look amazing on that Britannia and in that cape. Pashleys love capes.

6. Markn says:

Some of my chainlink friends, Martha and Holly! Looks like fun, wish I could attend

7. Holly says:

That suit was made for you, Dottie! I had a great time and want to thank you for being in the show. It’s been a really fun project.
    I blogged about it on Hollygab. http://www.lucitebox.com/blog/?p=5058 (There you are in that awesome red coat of yours!)
    Great photos…what a busy day that was.

8. Cupcake Ride says:

Oh my goodness!! Gorgeous! Gorgeous!!

9. Scott says:

Hey, that is right in front of my house!  Palmer Sq park is such a nice front yard!

10. Julia Ringma says:

I suppose you may have already blogged about this, but do you have an ideal skirt width and length you like for cycling? Not too narrow nor too wide and not too long or short. Sort of a Goldilocks skirt, I suppose! That tweed skirt looks nice but it also looks a little narrow. Plus, I know you have said how long your commute is, but I forget! I haven’t got my bike back on the road yet after Winter, but soon. The ice at the curbs is finally melting.