I love riding my bike!

Yesterday was a beautiful day to be on a bicycle.  With sun shining through blue skies and mild temperatures, I found myself thinking over and over, “I loooove riding my bike!”

After nearly four years of daily bicycling, you’d think I’d get over it already, but there’s something about riding a bike that prevents it from becoming a routine chore.  Maybe the wind in my hair, the sun in my face, the feeling of flying…

31 thoughts on “I love riding my bike!

1. Dave Cain says:

I know the feeling. I find I get a kid-like excitement when I’m about go ride my bike. Sometimes its routine, but the pleasure is always there. I also know that any time I’m ambivalent about choosing to bike versus driving, the choice seems easy and obvious once I’ve chosen the bike. The weather always seems worse from inside a warm house.

Happy pedaling!

2. Jason I says:

It’s waaaaay better than being trapped inside a car! :)

3. Jason I says:

It’s waaaaay better than being trapped inside a car! :)

4. Bicyclebadger says:

You never get over it.

5. It’s like walking on the beach; different and interesting every single day.

6. It’s like walking on the beach; different and interesting every single day.

7. Anonymous says:

Exactly. It’s the freedom and the beauty of moving my body in such simple, flowing movement. And the flying. :)

8. Markn says:

Biking is just plain awesome, no matter what time of the year. But no way you were wearing that outfit in February in Chicago!

9. April says:

There are days when I really don’t want to leave the house. Ugh, my destination is across town, or the weather’s bad, or I’m just tired, wah wah wah.

Nine times out of ten, once I’m on the bike and partway to my destination, I’m smiling and thinking, oh man, getting to ride my bike everywhere is the best thing EVER.

10. Carolyn Ibis says:

It never gets old for me. Every day I look forward to the adventure and freedom of riding my bicycle.

11. Carolyn Ibis says:

12. Tennesseecharlie says:

Clean that bike Dottie. We don’t like dirty bikes in NC. Just kidding. I the blog, keep it up.

regards,
    Charlie Lawrence

13. Tennesseecharlie says:

regards,
    Charlie Lawrence

14. Dabrucru says:

its been 8 years since i started using cycling transportation everyday, and i feel the same everyday, VERY HAPPY

15. Timoohz says:

That cloud picture reminds me how my brother got a new camera. There were a few shots of his feet and some close ups of his face with the sky in the background until he figured out how to hold the camera without pressing the buttons by accident… :-)

But what’s that hole in the wall in the first photo? A window? A firing hole for a cannon in a fortress? I don’t recall seeing that building before.

16. cris says:

I’ve been cycling in the city for 10+ and I still have “yay! biking!” moments. The freedom, speed and sense of connection across all of the senses is what does it to me … especially after 8 hours of sitting in the same office building, just typing and manipulating ephemeral digital ‘stuff’ on a computer.

17. aem2 says:

I totally agree with you … most days. Today I biked into a very brisk wind… both ways. Not fair.

Still, it was better than being stuck on a streetcar or in a regular car.

18. cycler says:

(and I have the same sweater- tee hee!)

19. Midnight Rider says:

One of my favorite things about biking is passing cars with one person inside that are stuck in traffic. And yes, it does feel like flying some times.

20. MrDaveyGie says:

Yeap, I am not sure what it is either, what keeps those of us that bicycle, bicycling. But I think you are touching close to it with “the feeling of flying”

21. Liz Almond says:

Today was one of those days for me. The weather was pretty mild, so we went for a ride east along the river Thames, in London. It just felt so lovely to see the scenery change around us, from Tower Bridge and the pretty houses around the docks, down past Greenwich to the Thames Barrier. I felt like I’d seen my city in an entirely new light, and one that you don’t get to see on the tube! Plus, you can even take your bike back on the boat if you don’t fancy the 17 miles back!

22. Amanda*Rose says:

YES. This is so true and I’m glad you shared.  I feel this all the time.  I’m going to be riding my bike for the rest of life. :)

23. April says:

24. LGRAB says:

Totally agree. It’s like magic. :)