Happy Friday!

My week has been filled with lovely bike commutes, mild weather (50 degrees today!), and only a couple of ridiculously stupid drivers.

No coat required today!

As I write this quick post while sipping a homemade cocktail (1 part vodka, 1 part St. Germain, splash of champagne), I’m officially beginning my three-day weekend, thanks to presidents.  I have a stack of to-be-read books and an overflowing Netflix queue, but I may slip out for a ride or two to prevent moss from growing on me in a sloth-like manner.

{via}

I wish the same simple happiness to you!  :)

Tagged , , , , ,

21 thoughts on “Happy Friday!

1. Dave says:

I just got a Yashica TLR camera in the mail, so I have a feeling I’ll be spending some time with her this weekend :) Happy reading and movie-watching!

• LGRAB says:

Ooooooooh, nice! The Yashica Mat is great – have fun! I should really get out and shoot some film, too.

• Dave says:

I got the Yashica-A, with 80mm, f 3.5 lens(es). It’s my first forray into TLRs, so we’ll see how it goes :)

• LGRAB says:

I love my TLR! Takes a while to get used to the mirror image, but as my photography teacher told me: once you go medium format, you can never go back.

• Tooter Turtle says:

I use and love a Bronica 645. Usually I carry it around with the waist level finder, which makes it very much like a TLR to use. Bronica gear (at one time the budget selection for wedding photographers) is ridiculously cheap…

• LGRAB says:

Nice! I have a Mamiya 645 with eye-level finder, which makes it feel like a big and heavy SLR, and a Rolleiflex 3.5e with waist level finder. Very different user experiences, but both produce big, beautiful negatives.

• LGRAB says:

• Dave says:

So far the biggest surprise in the few shots I’ve taken was how light the shutter is – I had forgotten that most of the “ka-chunk” from an SLR is the mirror flipping up and down :)

• Dave says:

• LGRAB says:

• Dave says:

• LGRAB says:

• LGRAB says:

2. Dave says:

3. Sarah W. says:

Occasional sloth weekends are refreshing.

4. Sarah W. says:

Occasional sloth weekends are refreshing.

5. E A says: