February’s Women Who Bike Brunch

Yesterday the Chicago Women Who Bike Brunch descended upon Haymarket Brewery in the West Loop.

Tab: Bikers

Haymarket is a great place for big groups and easily accommodated our table of 25.

The food was delicious, especially for a brewery, and I enjoyed some of the best French toast ever.

The mimosas each came with their own mini bottle of champagne!

After a long and luxurious meal, we headed outside to chat and slowly unlock our bikes.  The weather was partly sunny and 40 degrees, so there was no big rush.

A few of us decided to go back inside and embark on some Haymarket beer taste-testing at the bar.  Such a good idea!  Their beer is as good as their food.  (Thanks, Sara!)

I always look forward to celebrating a new month with this great group of women!

If you’re in the Chicago area and would like to join us, email me at LGRAB@letsgorideabike.com.  Our next meet-up will be a happy hour this Thursday.

Tagged , , , , , , , , ,

14 thoughts on “February’s Women Who Bike Brunch

1. amidnightrider says:

That’s such a neat thing you have with the biking women. All my bike friends want to do is put on spandex and ride 50 miles at 25 MPH, then go home. I envy your group.
    p.s. If my group could see themselves in Spandex like others see them, they would be mortified. Like they say. “Over 50 in spandex…..don’t.”

2. Very cool photos, they definitely capture a fun afternoon. I’m slowly bringing my Saturday bike riding mates around to be more of a social group. We have a chat after our rides in the local coffeee shop. Having seen this I’m now pushing for lunchtime rides and afternoon micro-brew stops.

3. anniebikes says:

Who would have though that a brewery served brunch? Looks like fun. Especially the beer part.

4. anniebikes says:

5. Mel McVay says:

I live in Cincinnati, Ohio. As I was reading through this post, I noticed my dear friend Katie in one of your pictures! She was an amazing advocate for bikes when she was living here, and she is one of the women responsible for getting me back on a bike after 20 years of not riding. What a small world!

6. leafygreen says:

I would so love to live in Chicago, and if I did I would definitely come to your brunch. Thanks for posting photos so I can live vicariously!

7. leafygreen says:

8. Megan says:

Great seeing all of you. Sorry I had to dash out of there, I made my train by two minutes. I agree that the mini champagne bottles were super cute.

9. Anonymous says:

Well, because here in Brazil we don’t have a frozen wheater like this, we can go to work or to bar without a heavy clothes in a bike.

ps: sorry for the bad english

10. Once again, looks like everyone had a blast!

11. […] Who Bike Brunch, this time in the West Loop. The mimosas came with individual bottles of champagne. Contact Dotti at Lets Go Ride a Bike if you want to join our brunches or happy hours in Chicago. #gallery-1 { margin: auto; } […]

12. Julia Ringma says:

I envy your lack of packed snow and ice in the curb lane. I have to hang up the bike once the snow stays for the winter (thankfully, it was later in December this winter) and then wait, panting, watching as the ice melts away, as it is doing this week. With any luck and a hard rain, I might be back to biking to school in March.

I loved the tab designation!

13. kristin says:

to be a total wine snob, korbel is NOT champagne! it is sparking wine. from california.

14. kristin says: