Rhinestone Cowboy Ride!

We had great weather and a great crowd for the Rhinestone Cowboy Ride in Nashville on Saturday.

We met at new local bike shop The Hub and rode together downtown to Robert’s Western World, a honky tonk, of course!

The group, in front of one of the city's themed bike racks (the microphone).

Dottie and I spent Friday afternoon scouring South Nashville thrift shops to find outfits that would really make an impact. I think we succeeded.

But the rest of the participants were no slouches, either.

These boots are made for riding (bikes)

Sisters Abby & Sarah; Lauren and her bike

Edwin brought the whole family!

Sarah and her cruiser

Edwin's jacket / Chewie the dog and his owner

Dottie's outfit was even more authentic than we realized!

Abby and Jessica

Dottie rides Le Peug

At the honky tonk, these young cowboys enjoyed some lemonade

One thing’s for sure: Nashville is willing to turn out for themed rides! Thanks to everyone who came out. Hope you’ll join us next time.

Tagged ,

33 thoughts on “Rhinestone Cowboy Ride!

1. Sarah W. says:

The ride was so much fun, and it’s always great to see everyone and meet new people. I’m so glad all the kids participated!

2. Michael Wagner says:

Looks like great fun. Terrific theme, by the way. Not to take away from Dottie or yourself, but the father and son on the tandem made for one cool photo.

3. tim ohz says:

Authentic Dottie! :D

4. tim ohz says:

Authentic Dottie! :D

5. Jessica Riviere says:

Thanks for putting this together – it was so much fun!

6. Jessica R says:

Thanks for putting this together – it was so much fun!

7. Cameron Adams says:

8. What a decorous crew! Trish, those pleats in motion must’ve been something. Biscuit is jealous of Chewie and I’ll try not to miss another such opportunity.

9. Trisha your dress is glorious!!

10. Kara says:

Those are some rootin-tootin outfits. And I cannot believe that Dottie found her country western doppelganger. Perfect.

11. Wayne says:

It was great to come down from Chicago and be able to ride with y’all!

12. Wayne says:

It was great to come down from Chicago and be able to ride with y’all!

13. Wayne Stiles says:

Let us know if you plan anything in the Windy City in the future. We’d love to join you.

14. Wayne Stiles says:

15. Cycler says:

What fun- I doubt I could get anything like this going in Boston, but it would be a great excuse to wear my boots, and my genuine championship belt buckle! At risk of being more of a crazy bike lady, I’ll have to do it on my lonesome.

• Bess says:

many cities have Tweed Rides – a quick google shows that Boston has had one in the last few years. So as long as you are ok with a slightly different version of costumed/themed rides, there is something for you!

16. Cycler says:

• Bess says:

17. Good times! Lots of family fun to be had in these community events. Great pictures.

18. Subcinco says:

Thanks for coming to Music City. Hope I can ride with y’all next time. Love the blog.

19. Subcinco says:

20. Misssarahchan says:

OMG.

Ladies… Those shoulders… Whoa!

S

21. Sue says:

Now I can’t get that song out of my head. As always you two can rock just about anything. Love the outfits and the ride.

22. Sara from Full Hands says:

Yay– what fun! I have been a crappy blogger & blog reader these days, but I have to tell you how wonderful it is to see my internet bike life & my ‘real’ life coming together. Dottie & Trish– you know I have been following you since the early days. And now here is Edwin & his family– friends of ours from New Haven now in Nashville, riding with you!

I look forward to our someday meet-up and chance to ride bikes together too!

23. Sara from Full Hands says:

I look forward to our someday meet-up and chance to ride bikes together too!

24. Chrissy says:

That’s AMAZING! I wish we could organize something like this in Vegas. Maybe a glitter showgirl ride??

25. Sue says: