At Long Last: Snow!

The inevitable has happened: snow finally arrived in Chicago!  Yesterday evening I was biking home without a jacket and today the streets look like this:

Instead of my bike, I took public transit:

I’m escaping to Nashville for a long weekend tomorrow, so I can deny the arrival of winter a little bit longer.  :)

Anyone enjoy a snow ride today?

Tagged , , , , , , , ,

32 thoughts on “At Long Last: Snow!

1. Rich Mulvey says:

My co-workers in Nashville are complaining about the snow they’re getting, just so you know, ;-)

2. Chriszanf says:

Beautiful photo of the street.

3. Misssarahchan says:

We’re still in “ice” mode. No fluffy pretty stuff yet. Have fun with Trisha!

4. Severin says:

Ah snow, you make me miss living in Malmo, Sweden…

5. Amy Gawthrop says:

I’m about to head out for my first snow ride of the year! It’s only about an inch in the ground, but that counts, right? :)

6. Stephen Hodges says:

The city is beautiful under a fresh snowfall. I miss snow so much…:-(

7. Toronto, Canada looks like your photo of Chicago. Snow. Ice. A cyclocross cross. Fun ride into work this morning…..

• Hyedie says:

I’m up in Toronto too and the snow is still coming down hard!!

I’m going to be going out later this afternoon – will the roads be clear enough for me to be able to take my bike? I hope so :)

• Maritaobst says:

Yay for Torontonians! I biked yesterday, and it wasn’t too bad. Drivers were crazy though…snow makes people a little nutty I think. It seems colder already today, so I think most of that slush has frozen over. I’m going for another ride today and we’ll see how it goes!

• aem2 says:

Another yay for Torontonians! I didn’t bike to work yesterday morning because I was worried about the drivers. The afternoon was nicer, though so I Bixi’ed part of the way home.

• Maritaobst says:

• aem2 says:

8. Lauren says:

Lol well it’s snowing here in Nashville! And by “snow” I mean we got a little bit of fluff and I nearly slipped on the tiniest patch of ice in the office parking lot this morning.

But it’s supposed to be gorgeous & sunny tomorrow! And (relatively)warm! Can’t wait to dress up as a cowboy and ride my bicycle around the city with everyone! :)

9. Anonymous says:

Is O’Hare getting delayed? I stop there on my way home from Montreal. Lots of new snow in Montreal.

10. Karen says:

I live in Chicago too and the snow is beautiful! I somehow managed to bike home yesterday around 3:30pm. It was totally nutty! I only had to dismount twice, and never wiped out, although I fishtailed about 20 times. I passed another biker on State Street in the Gold Coast and we both hollered at each other. It was soooo lovely to get home and put on dry clothes and then just look out the window the rest of the night :)

11. Carolyn I. says:

No new snow here yet, but enough that I’ve started snowshoeing again. It’s going to be a cold snowshoe on Sunday, a high of 16 C (1.3 F) is forecast for that day! I better take out my wools. Good to see you finally got some Winter weather. It’s been good riding on the bare ground I won’t deny.

12. Bike·a·Bee says:

Had to go down to the southside to brush off the two beehives I do own… It was a fun ride, somehow i didn’t get too wet! http://twitpic.com/86uv10/full

13. Bike·a·Bee says:

14. Ray O says:

It even started snowing in Vancouver this evening! Yes, I went for a ride. Yes, I crashed. Got a little over-enthusiastic coming down into a bend.

15. You really captured the beauty of the season in these pics. No snow for us here in Virginia Beach this season…so far. Although, it was below feezing for my ride this morning.

16. You really captured the beauty of the season in these pics. No snow for us here in Virginia Beach this season…so far. Although, it was below feezing for my ride this morning.

17. Holly says:

We missed you at Critical Lass, Dottie! (Whoa. What a night that was! A bit harrowing, but fun nonetheless.)
    Hope you’re having fun in Nashville.
    Gorgeous photo of the trees and tracks.

18. Holly says:

Hope you’re having fun in Nashville.
    Gorgeous photo of the trees and tracks.