T-Shirts and Holiday Lights

I continue to ride with my Christmas lights on Betty Foy.  Apparently, I’m all confused about what time of year it is.

Adding to the seasonal confusion, the weather was so warm when I left work, I shoved my light jacket in my basket because my cashmere sweater (another $6 thrift store purchase) was more than enough to keep me warm.  A few miles from home, I began overheating and pulled off my sweater to ride the rest of the way in my t-shirt.  Imagine that: a t-shirt in mid-January in Chicago!

So if you see some crazy lady biking by with short sleeves and Christmas lights, that’s probably me.  ;)

Tagged , , , , , ,

13 thoughts on “T-Shirts and Holiday Lights

1. Ash L says:

We’ve still got an elf hat cable tied to P’s helmet. We left her witch hat and green wig from Halloween on until Thanksgiving so I figure the elf hat will be on until March, at least.

2. Betty Foy looks good! As do you.

3. Luke Wilson says:

Same thing in Upstate New York, beautiful weather given the time of year.

4. anniebikes says:

We have seasonable weather here, mid 20s. I love that you retained the lights on your bike. I still think it’s brilliant(pun intended) and illuminating – can’t hurt your visibility either.

5. G.E. says:

If Christmas lights can stay up on houses until May, I see no reason the same can’t be true for miss Betty Foy. Besides, lights are festive and help illuminate you while riding for safety. Honestly, I might leave them on year-round! :O) Hope you continue to enjoy the unseasonably warm weather.

6. OldBikeRider says:

Nice photo!
    I think I can see your shadow, so that means 6 more weeks of nice weather, right?

7. Mel McVay says:

I still have holiday lights on my bike too :-)

8. Cycler says:

I haven’t taken the christmas lights off Minerva (although the wreath did disintegrate,so I just wrapped them on the handlebar). However I’m back to riding Gilbert, who was out of the action all through Christmas, so is light and greenery free. Maybe he needs some plastic daffodils- is it too early to hope for that?

And I stripped down to a (long sleeve) T shirt on Monday, after my wool T neck was too warm- admittedly I was late and riding faster than usual.

I will probably take the house lights down at the end of January. Need as much light this time of year as possible.

9. You look fab!! I still have lights on my bike, too! Bright white LED’s. I don’t plan on taking them off until it gets light again on my morning commute. I do get some strange looks, tho…but then again, I *always* get strange looks on my commutes. On a side note, we got snow tonight. YOU haven’t even had snow- and you’re supposed to be covered in it by now (and we’re much farther south than you). Enjoy your crazy warm weather!!

• LGRAB says:

I think white lights are perfectly appropriate for year-round use. :)
      Today’s bike ride home was 50 degrees, but it’s supposed to snow – for the first time of the winter – up to 8 inches tomorrow. Crazy!

• LGRAB says:

I think white lights are perfectly appropriate for year-round use. :)

10. Jenny Rilling says:

I removed the bows, but I’m still rocking the tinsel and lights on my handlebar. Every time I think it’s time to remove it already, I remember that the little LED lights really give my tiny blinky light an assist in winter.