Join us for a Rhinestone Cowboy Bike Ride! January 14 in Nashville, TN

Ah, the title of this post pretty much says it all, doesn’t it? Come one, come all to the Rhinestone Cowboy Bike Ride.

When: Saturday, January 14 at 2 p.m.

Where: The ride will start in Edgehill Village at Green Fleet Hub, 1579 Edgehill Ave (they will have limited bike rentals available for $15).

Why: It’s a group ride! Dottie will be there! You can hit Lower Broad with other cyclists and be marveled at by motorists. Plus, you get to dress up!
Proper attire can include, but is not limited to:

• cowboy boots
  • cowboy hats
  • red and white checked shirts
  • bandannas
  • a colorblock shirt
  • sequined suits
  • sequined ballgowns
  • white eyelet lace
  • overalls
  • suspenders
  • denim, in any iteration (or multiple iterations! Break out Shania’s Canadian tuxedo)
  • a lariat bowtie
  • a little white tanktop
  • an American flag
  • the color plaid

Need further inspiration? Check out these photos:

And, of course, the man who came up with this brilliant descriptor:

Can you say no to this face?

Say you’ll be there!

Tagged , , , , , ,

9 thoughts on “Join us for a Rhinestone Cowboy Bike Ride! January 14 in Nashville, TN

1. anniebikes says:

Events like this make me want to live in a warmer climate. Happy bucking on those two-wheeled horses.

2. Lauren says:

Oh, that’s a great idea. I’m going to hang a giant American flag off my bike to show everyone I love my county. Haha!

3. Sarah W. says:

One word: YEEHAW!

4. […] Join us for a Rhinestone Cowboy Bike Ride! January 14 in Nashville … […]

5. Dottie says:

I’m so excited! Ready to thrift with you. I would love to find a Loretta Lynn-type dress or create a jean tuxedo with lots of bling and cowboy boots. :)

6. kfg says:

So, basically what I need are my regular clothes and a Bedazzler? Yes, I have actually spent time working as an actual cow hand. Turns out that the job mostly entails shoveling large quantities of shit. Who knew?

Rhinestone Cowboy was written and first recorded by Larry Weiss. Even . . . wait for it, wait for it . . . Neil Diamond recored it before Glen Campbell. Credit where credit is properly due.

7. Ghostrider says:

Aw, what a great way to celebrate my birthday! I shall not be able to attend, but I’ll put on my western shirt, string tie and shitkickers in honor of this great ride idea. Yeehaw!