New Year’s Resolutions

I came across a great collection of New Year’s resolutions as depicted by graphic artists today, thanks to design blogger Swiss Miss. There are dozens of inspirational, gorgeous posters at the link, but when I saw this one I had to share it here.

I don’t generally make specific New Year’s resolutions, but I do try to set aside some moments to think about what the last 12 months of experience might have taught me that I should use to shape the next 12. (Stay tuned for our post reflecting on 2011 for LGRAB.)

Do you make New Year’s resolutions? Why or why not? Has anyone resolved to start trying to ride their bike for transportation in 2012? (If so, you definitely need to click through and download this for your computer wallpaper!)

11 thoughts on “New Year’s Resolutions

1. Blithe Bicyclist says:

Yep, I can even tell you what they are without looking them up.

1. Lose Weight
    2. Save Money
    3. Springclean

The reason I didn’t have to double-check? They’ve been the same one’s for the last quarter of a century!

2. Yes to more Bicycling in 2012. Love the graphic poster. Thanks for sharing great art. Here’s my “Bicycle Diet” for the year. http://bicyclediet.wordpress.com/

• LGRAB says:

Hey, another Alabama girl! cool. Great resolution. I’m especially impressed since you are shopping for a family! Good luck with it. —T

3. Not having a car along with super-inconvenient public transport = easy resolution to continue to ride my bicycle to work every day, which I have done for some time. Easy for me to do, as it’s under 20 miles round trip, and I get to see some beautiful English countryside.

Two days ago the prevailing westerlies were 60 to 70 kmph, which tested my resolve. My commute to work was like pedaling through thick mud, uphill. My knees still ache.

My real resolution is to get back on the pull up bar. I think a reasonable goal for the end of the year is 15 palms-out, dead-hang pull ups. If you can do that, I call you strong.

Bob
    Alpha Male commuter

4. Annie Angello says:

Is that available as a poster I can purchase?

5. [...] New Year's Resolutions » Let's Go Ride a Bike – life on two wheels … [...]

6. Dottie says:

I can’t do new year’s resolutions, because I’m easily overwhelmed by all the little things I should change about myself. Screw that. But I do like the print!

7. [...] up this week. Firstly, in the form of this set of resolution artwork, which was linked to from Let’s Go Ride a Bike. To be honest, any resolution involving leaving the sofa is always going to be hard work in [...]

8. Chrissy says:

I actually did make a resolution to use my bike for transportation this year! i’m starting out, three days a week, cycling about 8 miles to the bus station, and then taking the bus the rest of the way there. I know it’s going to be challenging, but I’m looking forward to it!

9. Cupcake Ride says:

I made some bike related ‘goals’ or maybe I should have called them intentions … I don’t like to call them resolutions either.

Here are mine! http://www.cupcakeride.com/blog/2012/01/happy-new-year/