Podcast: What we talk about when we talk about bikes

Our latest podcast is the first one to feature Dottie and me together. It was recorded during my November Chicago visit over what might have been one Manhattan too many. The original idea was for Dottie to interview me, but what it turned into was a long, wide-ranging and extremely informal discussion about our cycling stories and preferences. It’s not available in the iTunes store yet, but you can stream it here or right-click to download it to your computer. Enjoy!

Tagged , , ,

13 thoughts on “Podcast: What we talk about when we talk about bikes

1. Liz says:

Hi, I’d like to download this to my desktop but down see anywhere to right-click.

2. I listened to your podcast this morning while preparing my “Good Luck Black-eyed Peas” – so fun to hear about your evolution as a bicycle commuter and bicycle blogger. Thanks for sharing.

3. Kodiakbiker says:

This is fantastic! I live in Kodiak, Alaska and really enjoy what you are doing here! This is great stuff! In May I’m riding across America and hope to live a life on two wheels! Visit my blog and help me go viral!

Thanks and Happy New Year!

4. Tastone says:

Great podcast… As a recently returning cyclist (50 years later and in my 62nd year of life), I could especially identify with the discussion on how one “begins” to cycle. Trisha, I totally loved the idea of picking one place, somewhere close, as being a first-targeted destination. That’s extremely sound thinking and good advice, something I wish I’d had five months ago (with simple guidelines like that, I could have avoided some unnecessary anxieties that I encountered on my first rides; well, sometimes still do)!

Since re-taking up cycling, and as on so many of the voyages throughout my life in which “the means makes the end” so to speak, I’ve learned to allow my time on two wheels to be the primary focus. Even though my journeys may not be too long (6 miles max r/t), I’m still working on the comfort zones, both mental and physical. I expect it will be an ongoing thing, but that always leaves something to look forward to…

I enjoy reading your blog — thank you for your encouragement and Happy New Year to both of you!

5. Timoohz says:

Liz, you can get the direct link from the embedded link of the player if you know how to read the source code. Let’s see if I can get it here:

Direct link, right click to save

6. Mpeterson says:

Your podcast gave me the final encouragement I needed to embark on my yearlong “Alternative Transportation Resolution” – started a blog to keep me going.. http://wp.me/p265Tq-k

7. upnorthdoug says:

Finally took the time to listen. I enjoyed the podcast, I really like where you took the discussion and the different topics covered. Nice work!

8. upnorthdoug says: