New addition to the Nashville bike scene: The Hub

Last Friday, I went to the jam-packed “pre-opening” party of Nashville’s newest biking establishment: The Hub.  It’s a truly unique entry to the Nashville biking scene: in addition to being the home of the Green Fleet Messenger service, The Hub will sell bike accessories and provide bike rentals. Starting this spring they’ll also offer bike tours around Nashville.

Your friendly Hub owners and operators Thomas Solinsky and Austin Bauman

The shop feels warm and  welcoming, with its old brick walls partly whitewashed and partly left original—and completely decked out with bikes, baskets, bells, jerseys and T-shirts.

I’m pretty psyched that visiting friends and family will no longer have an excuse not to participate in my bike obsession. Judging from the bikes in the shop during the party, there’ll be a wide range of models available (alas, I didn’t photograph them all).

The Hub is located in Edgehill Village and open for business. Find them on Facebook for info on special holiday deals.

Green Fleet Hub
1579 Edgehill Ave., Nashville, TN
M-F 11-6; Sat. 10-2
p.s. speaking of riding in Nashville, our next bike brunch is TOMORROW at 11 am at Tavern in Midtown. Email me if you can make it.

Tagged , , , , ,

7 thoughts on “New addition to the Nashville bike scene: The Hub

1. Michael says:

Bike shops can have so many different personalities. Traditional racing/recreational shops are typically aloof and really put me off. It’s always exciting when an alternative shop opens, it’s like a new opportunity to meet a friend.

2. Dottie says:

This is great! Sounds like the kind of bike shop that will really contribute to Nashville’s bike lifestyle scene.

3. Dottie says:

4. Inspiredcyclist.wordpress.com says:

It looks like the HUB will be an asset to Nashville, and a cool place to frequent as well! ENJOY!

5. welshcyclist says:

Great to see innovative bike shops opening in your part of the world, over here they’re much the same as the same, no new ideas of presentation, just spaces packed with bikes. Not great for browsing, I like to read a bit about the products on sale.

6. Amy says:

Nice! Now if I ever get a chance to get out that way I don’t have to haul my own bike along. :)

• LGRAB says:

I know! It’s nice. Halcyon had limited bike rentals, but there’ll be much more variety here. It’s also more centrally located, hence more convenient for out-of-towners.