Mild November

Wow, only five more days until December! Hard to believe that winter and the year’s end are so close. Chicago’s weather has been mercifully mild and is predicted to remain so through the rest of November. I’ve been getting along fine with cashmere sweaters ($6 at the thrift store) and wool mittens.

This pair of fingerless wool mittens is convenient for fiddling with my bike lock and flipping off drivers (only once, I’m doing better!).

This is my favorite time of year. I’m spending my Thanksgiving holiday reading books (on book #3 today), cooking, and eating, but I also have a couple of LGRAB podcasts, a video, and a bike review in progress – hopefully for next week.

I hope everyone else is having a mild season and enjoying the holiday!

Tagged , , , ,

12 thoughts on “Mild November

1. Our winter started early, with snow in the last week of October… followed by strings of days with temps in the 50s-60s in November. Who knows what’s next, but I am enjoying my roadbike as much as I can while the good weather lasts!

• Dottie says:

That’s right – I forgot that the east coast got such an early snow. I hope fall continues to hold on, since this winter is predicted to be extreme.

2. anniebikes says:

It’s mild here too. We received a few inches of snow but it’s melting. I still out there doing errands on my bike, and hopefully some Christmas shopping too. Here’e to reading books, drinking coffee, and cooking! I’m currently rereading all 7 of the Chronicles of Narnia books.

3. Sigrid says:

Went for two rides in the last two days ~ quiet Holiday rides are the best! We SO needed a nice long warmish Autumn after that looonnnggg winter. Thank you November!

• Dottie says:

Quiet holiday rides would have been lovely. I did the opposite, barely leaving my house the entire Thanksgiving break, but that was lovely in its own way. :)

4. Amy says:

The good thing about mittens (besides the obvious warmth) is that you can give drivers the bird and it looks like you’re just waving a flipper at them. :)

5. Inspiredcyclist.wordpress.com says:

I am making the most of each beautiful day, with 10 mile rides through a nearby path. Hoping to get it in tomorrow as well. Being in the fresh crisp air is invigorating! Enjoy!

6. Our winter started early, with snow in the last week of October… followed by strings of days with temps in the 50s-60s in November. Who knows what’s next, but I am enjoying my roadbike as much as I can while the good weather lasts!