Bike Shop Birthday Party

I celebrated my 30th birthday with a party on Saturday night at J.C. Lind Bike Co. We biked there, of course, and I borrowed a huge trike, the Triple Lindy, to haul all the beer, wine and whiskey from the store.

Trisha rode Coco!

Nashville ladies

Women-who-bike ladies

The shop

Steve Vance talks to Jon Lind

Remains of the 30 cupcakes

Melissa

My shoes came off by the end of the night

There’s no better way to celebrate than surrounded by friends and beautiful bicycles. Huge thanks to Jon, the shop owner, for letting me use his space! My condo would have been way too small. Gotta love the local friendly bike shop. :)

Tagged , , ,

29 thoughts on “Bike Shop Birthday Party

1. Simply Bike says:

Looks like a wonderful birthday celebration was had! You all looked smashing and the cupcakes look delicious. What a fun idea to use a bike shop as the venue! Who came up with that and is that something bike shops are likely to do? I’d love to hear more about this topic.

Happy Birthday again!!

S.

• LGRAB says:

I came up with the idea, since I wanted to invite a lot of people, but my condo feels crowded with more than 4 people in it. I looked into having a party at a bar or restaurant, but that would be so expensive for an open bar. I realized I would need a space where I could bring in my own food and alcohol. A couple of years ago, I went to a cocktail party for PoCampo at J.C. Lind Bikes and it worked well because the shop is nice and not cluttered. I know the owner Jon well, so I decided to ask him and he was happy to host. I don’t know if this is something that bike shops are likely to do – it’s all about personal relationships.

• LGRAB says:

2. Elisa says:

Looks like an amazing party! Having such a great relationship with the bike shop is marvelous. I am jealous!

3. anniebikes says:

Happy Birthday, Dottie! Here’s to many more bike rides and smiles. You certainly take the cupCAKE for the most unusual place to have a party. Well done.

4. Lauren Taylor says:

looks like y’all had fun! happy birthday! :)

5. Lauren Taylor says:

looks like y’all had fun! happy birthday! :)

6. G.E. says:

A very happy birthday to you… glad you were able to enjoy with friends (and bicycles)! :o)

7. welshcyclist says:

Happy Birthday to you Dottie, looks like a great party, by the way Trisha your looking gorgeous!

8. welshcyclist says:

9. Kara says:

Yay! You know how to celebrate. Happy Birthday dear Dottie!

10. Vanessa says:

that is super cool.

11. Ken says:

Were those Sweet Mandy B’s cupcakes?

12. LGRAB says:

It was a great time! Not that I expected anything less from a Dottie par-tay. :) I was happy to visit Jon’s shop, finally. Next time I get to ride the trike!

~Trisha

13. Yvann says:

I LOVE that you had a birthday party in a bike shop. Complete with cupcakes. Simply fantastic.

14. Redheadwiththread says:

Happiest of Birthdays, Dottie!

15. GravelDoc says:

Belated happy birthday! I always enjoy your blog and reading of both your adventures.

16. Sigrid says:

Happy Birthday D.O.T.! There is no better decade (unless my 40’s start proving me otherwise. :) ). I think the only thing better could perhaps have been getting married at the bicycle store of one’s choice…:p

17. Redeyedtreefr0g says:

A belated Happy Birthday Dottie!

18. lem says:

Nice to read of happy occasion & happening such as this! :)
    Many Happy Returns Of The Day, Dottie! ;)
    L

19. Philippe says:

Joyeux anniversaire Dottie !

20. Philippe says:

Joyeux anniversaire Dottie !

21. Inspiredcyclist.wordpress.com says:

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You look absolutely adorable, and how nice to celebrate in the bike shop with good friends!

22. Inspiredcyclist.wordpress.com says:

23. Cupcake Ride says:

Happy Belated Birthday!!! What a perfect way to celebrate your birthday!

24. Hyedie says:

Happy Belated Birthday!!! What a perfect way to celebrate your birthday!

25. Full Hands Sara says:

Happy Birthday! Here’s to a wonderful year, hell– a great decade!
    Love the birthday party in a bike shop idea.