Big biking weekend in Nashville

Two bike events are happening in Nashville this weekend that you should know about.

First of all, New Belgium is bringing the Tour de Fat here for the first time on Saturday, July 9. The event benefits Walk/Bike Nashville and Soundforest, and Kermit Allegra and I will be marshals, so come on out. You totally want to see my costume (OK, I haven’t planned it yet, but that just means it will be even MORE awesomely random, right?). Things get started around 9 and the 5-mile, leisurely ride kicks off at 10. Kegs are tapped at 11.

Then on Sunday, July 10, I’m planning a bicycle brunch. If you ride your bike in Nashville, or if you want to start riding your bike in Nashville, come on out and meet others who do! We’re meeting at ChaChah on Belmont Blvd at 10:30.

Will you be at either event? Both? Let me know in the comments!

Tagged , , , , , ,

12 thoughts on “Big biking weekend in Nashville

1. Winston says:

I’ll be at the Tour de Fat! Doing the bicycle parade and then I’m volunteering for the early shift with the recycling crew. Love New Belgium (Was just in Ft Collins last month) and I love biking, so it works out well!

2. So much cycling fun. Hope you have gentle breezes to keep you cool, and lots of laughs tot!

3. Lauren says:

i will be at the bike brunch! super excited about it – i’m currently trying to convince a couple friends to join me as well :)

4. Anna says:

I’ll be at the Tour de Fat riding and volunteering. I’ll keep and eye out for ya so I can check out your fancy green machine! Sadly I have to go back home early Sunday, otherwise your bike brunch would most certainly be on my list.

• Trisha says:

Anna! Happy to hear you’re coming to town. I wish I could do the same for that B’ham tour you guys are planning; looks sweet.

5. Rich says:

You might have your times off on the Tour de Fat. On their site it says registration starts and 9 and the ride begins at 10:00 am. I’ll be there riding and drinking beer.

By the way, saw and parked next to Kermit Allegra at the U2 concert Sat. night.

• Trisha says:

You are right! It’s the drinking that starts at 11. :) thanks, Rich. And small world! Although I think half of Nashville was at the U2 show.

6. Lisa says:

The Tour de Fat is so much fun! Enjoy!

7. Kim says:

Planning to be at the brunch, and I think my buddy Lisa is coming too. Looking forward to meeting more fellow cyclists. :-)

8. I was there – I play trumpet with Mucca Pazza! We will be playing several of the Tour de Fat shows as it travels around the country. It was hot as all get out, but we had a fantastic time!