June Critical Lass – all lasses welcome!

Chicago’s second Critical Lass ride rolled out last Thursday, this time with a group of nearly 30. Like the inaugural ride in May, the ride was so much fun. I love it!

As you can see in my photos below, it’s a women’s ride, plain and simple. All lasses are welcome! I guarantee you will be greeted by the friendliest group of women in Chicago.

(Saying goodbye to mom)

Chatting with others and riding side-by-side was easy due to the super calm route.  After about an hour, we ended at a bar in Logan Square, where I stayed for a couple of hours, enjoying beer and buffalo wing specials.

The next Critical Lass ride is July 21 – always the third Thursday of the month, starting at the Polish Triangle. I hope to see even more lasses there next time! :)

I bow down, once again, to our amazing leader Ash.

p.s. You can read about Edmonton’s June Critical Lass ride via Loop Frame Love and Girls and Bicycles.

Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

15 thoughts on “June Critical Lass – all lasses welcome!

1. Great photos! Here’s my piece on Chicago Critical Lass from Time Out Chicago:

Cheers,

John Greenfield

2. Amy says:

That looks like such fun! I love checking out everyone’s bikes- so cute. (Any idea what the yellow one in the 2nd photo is?)

3. cycler says:

What a lovely group!
    And OMG I want those “mismatched” yellow and orange tights in photo 8!

We need to get a group like this going in Boston. As soon as I have some free time :)

4. Julie says:

That girl in the ric-rac dress stole my heart! She is so cute! Does she have a blog? Twitter? I need to stalk her.

• Dottie says:

Ha :) What is a ric-rac dress?

• Ash says:

Only casual stalking, please.

Dottie, ric rac is a kind of wavy trim for clothing.

My blog is only bikey in nature. I never remember to document my sewing/crafting during the process. Once of these days I’ll get around to doing that.

5. Sue says:

Ric-rac dress… I learned something new today :). Looks like you all had so much fun. Love the red and green-grayish Bianchi!

6. Maureen says:

*Ric-rac refers to the trim on the dress.
    All you cyclists look happy and ready to roll! What a nice way to get together and ride! Glad it was a success!

7. April says:

I’m sorry I missed it. It looks like you ladies had so much fun! I’ll do my best to be at the next WWB event! Happy Summer Riding Everyone!!! -April

8. Redeyedtreefr0g says:

I love how everyone looks so awesome on their bikes in these photos. Even with their helmets on! I always feel like mine sticks out a mile to either side of my head. I do notice that those neat streamlined helmets (I think Dottie poked fun at hers once in reference to a Mario mushroom) are much more stylish than the “regular” bike helmets.

I’ll have to keep an eye out and see if my new town does anything like this :)

9. … [Trackback]…

[...] There you will find 69267 more Infos: letsgorideabike.com/blog/2011/06/june-critical-lass-all-lasses-welcome/ [...]…