Jamie’s Stylish New Folding Bike

Jamie, the stylish NYC photographer behind one of my favorite photo blogs, From Me To You, recently got a new bike.

This is the Barcelona model of a Citizen Folding Bike. I am not familiar with the brand, but the $399 sale price is right. Check out those cream balloon tires and wicker basket! What a beauty! Both of them. :)

Folding bikes are an excellent choice for city-dwellers who have to carry their bikes into their apartments every night. As Jamie notes, this one fits in her tiny apartment.

{Photo (c) From Me To You and used with permission}

Tagged , , , , , ,

13 thoughts on “Jamie’s Stylish New Folding Bike

1. Miss Sarah says:

Dreamy! That price tag is amazing. I also like the Ciao from Dahon.

S*

2. Ipstenu says:

Citizen Bike looks like their whole line is a grab from Dahon (that Barcelona looks JUST like my roommates Caio! which I role 16 miles this morning). If the construction’s half as good as Dahon, they’re a keeper :D

3. Maureen says:

I think folding bikes are a great idea! I’ve been reading about Bromptons for one of my sons who takes the railroad each day. Have fun with your new ride!

4. Will says:

Any word on how easily this one folds? I’ve owned one of their Miami models and folding it was a reach chore. As Ipstenu pointed out, Citizen’s bikes look a lot like Dahons. I had a Dahon Eco3, similar to the Miami, which was much, much easier to fold and it was mich ligher too.

Bromptons are definitely the way to go though. They’re a bit more money, but totally worth it since they fold down much smaller and are light enough to carry around like luggage.

• Dottie says:

Brompton is my current dream bike!

• Will says:

They’re a dream, indeed. My Brompton is now my second favorite bike, just behind a big, heavy, and extremely comfortable Batavus. If I’m ever in your neck of the woods with my Brompton you’re welcome to a test ride!

5. eva says:

I love her blog and her photography! Great to see she is also “one of us” !

6. welshcyc says:

Yet another gorgeous woman on a bike, where does LGRAB find them? Good luck on your bike Jamie.

7. Rick says:

You should take a look at Montague folding bikes. They make performance folding road and mountain bikes that have a unique frame design without any breaks or hinges in the tubing. They rotate around the seat tube and are really solid.

8. Kesha says:

I have this bike in green and have had it for about two years. I prefer to ride this bike to any of my other bikes its so much fun and smooth… Plus, its just down right cute! Love it!

9. LBJ says:

Personally, I really like my Montague folding bike. It’s a little different from the one here – it has full size wheels, and I find I like the ride a lot better than with the small-wheeled folders.

10. we are MIAMIZINE the number one party spot online;a South florida based magazine that focuses on the entertainment industry and the night life scene.In this magazine the catergories will cover:artists, models, entrepreneurs, Restaurants, and a few ho…

[...]Jamie’s Stylish New Folding Bike « Let's Go Ride a Bike – life on two wheels: simple. stylish. fun.[...]…