Wedding Anniversary Bike Date

Earlier this week, Greg and I celebrated our 7 year wedding anniversary in a typical way for us: eating, drinking and bicycling. I ended up working late and took the fastest and most direct route from downtown to Lincoln Square. By the time I got to the restaurant (Mrs. Murphy and Sons Irish Bistro) I was sweaty and amped from all the traffic, but after freshening up quickly in the ladies’ room, I felt great. Although for the life of me, I could not find my comb (don’t you hate it when that happens?). Having a date who also bikes everywhere and knows the deal is helpful. :)

The first dish pictured above is macaroni and cheese bites over goat cheese fondu. Yes, it was delicious and the start of a two hours of yumminess.

Okay, so this bike date was really just about the food and drinks. To see lots of bike dates that actually focus on bicycling, check out Simply Bike’s Bike Date Series. One of my goals this summer is to do a proper bike date for the series.

Tagged , , , , , , , ,

22 thoughts on “Wedding Anniversary Bike Date

1. what a sweet post and gorgeous photos! i have to admit i can’t believe you’re old enough to have been married seven years. congratulations!!

2. Caroline says:

Congratulations, Dottie and Greg!

And those macaroni & cheese bites look delicious!

3. Simply Bike says:

Happy wedding anniversary to you two! What a great way to celebrate and I love your heart shaped earrings (perfect for the occasion). Looking forward to having you both participate in the series this summer too, rock on, Dottie and Greg! :)

S.

4. Lauren says:

congratulations on 7 years! :)

5. Joseph E says:

Congratulations on 7 years.
    My wife and I will also be celebrating our 7th anniversary this week, and we’ll get there via bike. She always worries about how her hair looks after a ride, but I think think it’s fine. In fact, that photo of you above looks like you had a professional set up the wind-swept look.

6. Sigrid says:

our plan is all about bike dates this summer. sadly so far we have only done one (http://myhyggelig.blogspot.com/2011/05/it-doesnt-matter-where-you-are.html). cheers to more for all of us!

7. Congratulations to you both!

8. MamaV says:

aww 7 years! that’s great. those mac and cheese bites look Delightful!!!

9. Jen says:

Congratulations! What a beautiful evening.

10. Sue says:

Happy Anniversary!

11. emma says:

I have to agree that you don’t look old enough to be celebrating your 7th wedding anniversary! Congratulations to you both!

12. Awww, congratulations to you both!

13. Maureen says:

Your hair looks terrific, no comb needed. What a nice way to celebrate your anniversary! CONGRATS!

14. Amy says:

Happy anniversary to you both!

15. Elisa M says:

Congrats. Comb or not, you looked beautiful (Greg was handsome per usual as well!). You guys are such a great bike couple.

16. dwainedibbly says:

Congrats! And I agree that you two seem to make such a great couple.

Mrs Dibbly & I will be celebrating 32 years in September. (I can’t believe that it has been that long!) It’s time to start planning something grand. Thanks for the reminder!

17. April says:

Happy Anniversary! It sounds like a lovely time! My honey and I just celebrated our 5th anniversary. Love is in air! I took your advice and did a post about our anniversary bike date, http://ecocanary.wordpress.com/2011/05/29/misty-ferris-wheel-uncommon-ground-our-anniversary-bike-date/. I also submitted it to the Simply Bike Series. Thanks for all the inspiration and congratulations to the two of you!

18. Sam says:

Congratulations!

19. […] Dottie and Greg’s wedding anniversary bike date in Chicago […]

20. […] collage puzzle is truly a unique way to celebrate 20 years of marriage.Powered by Yahoo! AnswersMandy asks…Men, what would be a good gift for a 20th wedding anniversary?My Hubby and I are going …t">Men, what would be a good gift for a 20th wedding anniversary?My Hubby and I are going to […]

21. […] Actually, RedEye Columnists, You Can Go on a Bike Date in Nice Clothes […]

22. Kara says:

Ok, that food looks sooo good. Happy anniversary! You guys are the cutest.