Happy Friday!

This has been a splendid week for cycling.  During the past few days, I have encountered:

• Countless other bicyclists on the streets.
  • Two friends during my commute (Hi Jami and Elizabeth!).
  • A mother riding a box trike with two kids in the front.
  • An impromptu happy hour with seven of the lovely Women Who Bike.
  • No particularly aggressive or wildly stupid drivers.
  • Warm weather!

I’m especially happy to see all the other bicyclists.  We’re a real presence out there.  :)

Still waiting for flowers, though!

Tagged , , , , , , , , , , ,

10 thoughts on “Happy Friday!

1. Miss sarah says:

It’s been great here too – which makes having it all taken away all the more painful! I’m sure this will all melt soon. We always get a gross April spring snow. Edmonton!

S

2. Love the backlit photo.
    Happy Spring!

3. E A says:

Happy Friday! Lovely encounters via bike…
    Could do without the never-ending headwind, tho. ;-)

4. dwainedibbly says:

I pulled up this blog, saw the wonderful photo accompanying this post, and realizing that I was smiling. I have no idea why, as I had no conscious reaction to the photo and I had not yet read the post. Isn’t that great? Thank you, Dottie.

Happy Weekend Everyone!

5. Amy says:

Happy Friday! We’ve got some flowers here. I’ll share mine with you. :)

6. Sue says:

I got the chance to commute two days this week and got in one lunch time ride. It was great and I only needed a light jacket on those days. Keeping my fingers crossed for nice weather all next week.

Have a Happy Weekend!

7. Maureen says:

It’s amazing what lovely weather and the opportunity to get out and ride pleasantly can do for one’s spirit. I had a chance to ride almost every day this week, and I it was wonderful! Spring is beginning to bloom in NY, and with your search in mind, I’ve been making a habit to search out bright flowers and buds and photograph them as part of my ride. Perhaps that also makes the rides so refreshing and joyful! Hope you continue to have perfect riding!

8. April says:

Dottie,
    You should ride by Ginkgo Organic Gardens on Kenmore (4055 N Kenmore Ave) there are some beautiful yellow daffodils blooming beautifully. Happy Saturday! -April

9. Danielle says:

Another box trike with two kiddos roaming the streets…I am intrigued and will keep my eyes peeled. I haven’t been out with the two yet but I am hoping to soon-ish.

10. *amanda* says:

Happy Friday, lovely beans! Wishing you some good happy riding this weekend! <3 <3