Oz Park

Last Friday was so beautiful, I stopped by Oz Park on my way to work to extend my outside time.  I pass by Oz Park daily, but I’ve never stopped before.  As a Dorothy with a fondness for red shoes (although I’m more of a cat person) this park was a lot of fun for me.

You may have noticed that I’m sporting a new helmet, along with my new $4 thrifted dress (and massive green hands).  This is a sneak preview of the Nutcase helmet – I’ll post all about the helmet soon.

Now that spring is officially here, who else is making more side trips during their bike commutes?

Tagged , , , , , , , , , ,

23 thoughts on “Oz Park

1. Courtney says:

I have been meaning to go to Oz Park for forever. it’s such a neat idea for a park, and now that i’ve got my new bicycle, i may have to trek over there! nutcase has the cutest helmets, I was really crushing on the watermelon looking one!

2. Anne says:

That’s great you could make a detour on your way to work!
    Last Friday I rode home from downtown through Humboldt Park for the first time this year. It’s nice to get away from Milwaukee Ave and not be in a rush to get inside!

3. Kara says:

Um, LOVE the fact that there is an Oz Park. What a nice bit of whimsy for your day.

Liking the new helmet. Super cute!

4. Shawn says:

I have to tell you I just came across your blog last week, and I’m hooked. I have been contemplating bicycle commuting for the past few months, and I find your passion inspiring. Now I just need to get a helmet (looking forward to your post about the Nutshell). Keep riding and writing. I love it!

5. Thom says:

You have to love those Kermit Gloves!

6. Amazing, you never run out of interesting and weird places to showcase in Chicago!

7. Cecily says:

Is that the new Nutcase vented helmet I’ve been hearing about? I love how my Nutcase helmet looks but have abandoned it on all but the coldest days because it just makes me sweaty.

• Dottie says:

It has some round vents, like all the older Nutcase helmets I’m aware of. I’m not aware of any differently vented (or non-vented) nutcases. There are some utilitarian improvements in design, such as the magnetic neck clasp and adjuster wheel in the back.

8. Bill says:

Are these photos from your thrift store camera as well?

Where do you get them developed?

You are dedicated to riding and I think it is great! Enjoy your spring!

9. Trisha says:

What LB said — I have never heard of Oz Park! Very cool.

Random unrelated story I didn’t include in our daily email: I bought a $3.99 pair of khakis at the thrift store this weekend…and found a $5 bill in the pocket. Pants that earn me $1.01 are my new favorite kind of pants.

10. Maureen says:

Your Oz Park adventure is really cool. Why is there an Oz Park in Chicago? Just curious if I am missing some trivia about Chicago. Have you seen Wicked? I think it is one of my favorite plays ever. Also, I love my nutcase helmet, and thought I was getting a new one to match the pashley for Christmas. Since it did not appear under my tree, I still need to order another. Looking forward to the review!

11. Simply Bike says:

You got the new hearts helmet!! I love it! So pretty! S.

12. Julie says:

It’s funny how fore-arms are fine as long as you wear gloves.

Glad you wear a helmet!

13. Flitcraft says:

i’d wear that helmet, too, if I only had a brain.

May all your rides be a ding-a-derry, my pretties.

14. eva says:

dottie that helmet is so cute! I’m in the market for a nutcase and you’ve stolen my heart with that one! I hope it releases soon!

15. What a great way to extend your time outside! Unfortunately, I don’t think spring has arrived here yet. I’m hoping that it might arrive in April, though….