Cupcake Attack!

My bike commutes this week have been lovely, happy and above-freezing. Spring is around the corner! I can feel it in my bones, this morning’s flurries notwithstanding.

On the way home today, Betty Foy made me stop for cupcakes in celebration of the season. She is bossy. ;)

I then munched an entire fairy cake whilst standing outside.

Cupcake attack!

At $2.25 each, these sweet treats are a bargain compared to oil. What’s your fuel of choice?

Tagged , , , , , , , , , ,

20 thoughts on “Cupcake Attack!

1. martha says:

Eeeeekkkk! Is that Sweet Mandy B’s!? Their cakes/cupcakes look fairly ordinary, until you take a bite, and them oh-my-god, delicious. Good choice. I’m also a fan of More cupcakes for some creative flavors and down-right decadence.

• Dottie says:

Yup, Sweet Mandy B’s! I looove More, which is walking distance from my work (dangerous). But my absolute favorite is Sensational Bites on Southport for the Boston cream pie cupcakes.

Stay tuned for a cupcake group ride in May. :)

• Sara says:

Ahhh! I want to do this, too! We might have to do a sequel later in the summer. After all, there are plenty of bakeries in Chicago :)

Sensational Bites is my current fave :)

2. Miss Sarah says:

When I’m in Vancouver? Glazed doughnuts from Lee’s.

Edmonton? Um… likewise with the cupcakes. But more often, Eva Sweet Belgian waffles. Oh yeah!

3. Louise says:

Yum! That cupcake looks so good.

4. Elisa M says:

Donuts from the new bakery in town call to me every Tuesday before our ride to City Hall. Beer calls to me after a ride home from ballet. My bike will simply not let me get away with not stopping! :)

5. Karen says:

I rewarded myself after my morning ride into work w/ a moist and delicious bran muffin, which I suspect was not as healthful as I’d like to think it was. Very yummy though.

6. Bill says:

If I am hungry I stop for some good old fashioned Pepperoni Pizza and a Peanut Butter Cup!

That combination will always get me home and it is about $5-7 depending on how much pizza I need. So that is 2 gallons of gas roughly around here these days.

7. David says:

This week it was paczki from the Pasieka bakery on Milwaukee in Avondale. Yum! Especially the rose-jam ones.

8. cycler says:

Dang bossy bike :)
    I obviously have never had one of these awesome cupcakes that people rave about, all the ones I’ve had have been kind of meh. Better than betty crocker at a 8 year old’s birthday party, but not THAT much better that my bike would command me to ride out of my way to get them.

But it does feel like spring is tiptoeing towards us- keep your fingers and toes crossed for some lovely weather soon.

9. Dave says:

I’m sure Betty Foy had a really tough time convincing you to stop for those cupcakes. I mean, I know I’d be extremely adverse to it.

I don’t know if I have a favorite fuel… there are so many good ones :) Boeuf bourguignon, soba noodles, vegetable pakora, it all works :)

10. Will says:

Pad thai is, hands down, the best bicycle fuel available. And it’s wonderful that the city I live in has plenty of refueling stations!

11. Are carrot cake cupcakes considered to be actual cupcakes? If so, I’m in.

12. Maureen says:

Betty looks very sweet there, just like she belongs in front of a vintage looking cupcake shop always! Glad you are enjoying the springlike weather, and the chocolate treat!

13. Julie Hardee says:

Cupcakes as fuel is pretty adorable! Maybe a bicycle/cupcake fuel graphic design project is in order? I’d rock it.

14. Kara says:

When Betty says “Cupcakes! Now!” you really have no choice.

BTW…I think of all the kinds of attacks out there, cupcakes has got to be in the top three.

15. Amy says:

Hedwig dictates that I consume as much chocolate in any form I can manage. The day after any candy filled holiday she makes me go down to the store and stock up on discount sweets. So there is always a steady supply in house. :)

16. Amy, Hedwig is correct, as long as it’s dark chocolate, of course!

17. I don’t eat wheat and don’t like anything that’s supposed to fake its taste and crumb. My favorite blood sugar spike is a great coffee and an arborio rice cake w almond and McKenzie rye whiskey from Blue Bottle coffee in Brooklyn. They are awesome people, too.