Spring has sprung in the South

Not to rub it in to those of you who are still fighting winter weather (yes, that includes my favorite co-blogger and the mister, who definitely deserve better!) — but after a beautiful week/weekend here in Nashville, spring has sprung and I’m noticing things like this:
So, my fellow bike bloggers and LGRAB readers: can I suggest Nashville as a travel destination? Chicago might have more bike lanes and riders, but it’s got nothing on spring in the South, weather-wise!  Plus, all the cool kids can’t just visit Dottie in Chicago or I’ll get way too jealous. :)

To further tempt you, here’s our four-day forecast. Should be a great week for riding!

What’s the weather looking like in your neck of the woods these days?

Tagged , , ,

15 thoughts on “Spring has sprung in the South

1. LC says:

What a wonderful tree in blossom! Is it a cherry tree :D I am so happy to be seeing first sign of spring through blogs, and to be fair even here in the North of England all the crocuses have started to bloom, and the daffodils are not too far behind! :D x

2. Vee says:

Oh nice! I was just in austin and was wearing a summer wrap dress with strappy shoes and a light sweater. Spent sat late afternoon in the hot tub. Returned home to 3 fresh inches of snow and cracking snow and ice off the car this AM as well as doing all my errands with freezing rain pouring down. Winter boots back on.

sigh.

3. cycler says:

sighhhhhhhhh
    Like Vee, I got home from a week away Saturday, and was excited to see how far the snowbanks had receded, only to wake up Sunday to 3 new inches, and 1/8″ of frozen drizzle on everything on Monday.
    Yes, I’m ready for a little spring cheerfulness..

4. SM says:

Trisha, what a lovely week you’re going to have – enjoy it! Lots of wet, slushy snow here in NH. The pot holes (craters) in the roads are so creepy from all the wet snow. I fear going for a ride – they may just swallow me up :)

5. George says:

That’s wonderful. I just got home from 13 miles, much of which was along acres and acres of peach and almond trees in full blossom. They are beautiful and smell great too.

6. Whitney says:

Maybe it’s time for another Nashville bike-n-brunch!

• Trisha says:

It definitely is! I’d like to start a women who bike brunch here in Nashville, although it may just be you and me :) Would still be fun though!

7. ridon says:

that looks lovely!

8. Amy says:

The Willow trees were the first to start blooming over on this side of TN. We’ve got about the same forecast here. :)

9. Dottie says:

Trisha – as if I did not already want to visit Nashville soooo much!

I can’t believe there’s already a cherry blossom tree. No sign of life yet in Chicago and a crisp 29 degrees. *sob*

10. Miss Sarah says:

I’m with Dottie on the *sob*. I actually cancelled my lunch today because it’s ridiculous cold (-23C/-9F without wind chill).

And I refuse to drive. Hate driving.

Instead, quality time catching up on my internets, and getting some stuff done before students arrive!

11. Maureen says:

Oh! The tree looks so beautiful! Enjoy your spring like weather!

12. Doug says:

Up here in Duluth I don’t “fight” winter, but embrace it. On Wednesday I had a morning commute in -10F temps. Today, I went out for a ride in a snowstorm. We won’t see any budding trees until mid-May. But that’s okay, it’s a beautiful place to live, and the summers are gorgeous.

13. Will says:

It just happens that I’m traveling to both Chicago AND Nashville in the next month! Still trying to figure out how I can get my hands on a rental bike in either/both of the cities!