Valentines Via Velo

Someone asked me last week if I had any bikey Valentine’s Day plans with Mr. Dottie. I answered, “No, we’re just going to dinner at our favorite French restaurant, Bistrot Margot.”

Then I thought for a second and amended that answer with, “Well, of course, we’ll be riding our bikes there.”

Bicycling is such an ingrained part of our lives – it’s always there somewhere. But unlike driving or taking public transit, biking is not simply another mundane transportation option. It’s fun and adds something special to every occasion!

For this reason, I would say that our little French dinner was a bikey Valentine’s Day, with bicycling being the perfect aperitif (to stimulate the appetite) and digestif (to aid in digestion).

Of course, fancy truffles and flowers are always welcome, too. :)

But above all – bike love!

P.S. February 14 is long gone and so are all those truffles!

Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

17 thoughts on “Valentines Via Velo

1. Evie says:

Aww, look at the two of you, showing your Valentine’s spirit with your pink and red shirts! And are those truffles from Vosges?

2. That candy would not have lasted more than a couple of days with me : )

Especially now that our car is out of commission, cycling is such a normal thing that I never think of it as an activity unless I am on a roadbike and am going on a recreational ride – which, sigh, hasn’t happened since Christmas.

3. Steve A says:

Seeing Mr Dottie is ALWAYS a treat!

4. Maureen says:

Awwww…sweet! Were your pants leggings with boots?

5. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Barb Chamberlain, Let's Go Ride a Bike. Let's Go Ride a Bike said: New post: Valentines Via Velo http://bit.ly/eZ9B4M [...]

6. ridon says:

good of him to indulge you and be photographed for a blog post.

7. April says:

My boyfriend (who comments here as adventure!) and I met through goofy bike stuff going on in Portland. Our first date, we met at a food cart, then rode our bicycles to a pub, and then…we rode our bicycles to his house. ;^)

Today’s our second anniversary (of dating). He works tonight, so no date, but in a couple of days we’re going out to eat at a nice Italian place. And, of course, we’re going by bike!

8. Daniel Evans says:

Thanks for the great inspiration for our next Valentine’s day!

9. JTuttle says:

That sounds like a great Valentine’s day! Funny, Dan and I went to Bistrot Margot by bicycle just last week! That’s a great restaurant, isn’t it?