My Hyggelig Feature

My Hyggelig, one of my favorite blogs that is celebrating its 4th birthday today, has been publishing a series on creative female bike bloggers in the month of January, and yesterday featured an interview with me.  I suggest that you head over there and check out the other features on Kara of Knitting Lemonade, LC of Naturally Cycling: Manchester, and Meli of Bikes and the City, a truly inspirational group!

Me and Coco in the snow

Commuting update: Yesterday I biked to work wearing a pinstripe pants suit with a white puffy down vest over the suit jacket and that kept me warm enough in 18 degrees, although I may have looked a little funny.  Today I’m heading for the L train, as a blizzard is expected to start this afternoon and dump 1.5 feet on Chicago.  Later!

Tagged , , , , , ,

11 thoughts on “My Hyggelig Feature

1. Thom says:

Good interview!
    Interesting how people come to the arts, and what might prevent that. A friend
    was always drawn to painting, but wasn’t wired to sit at the easel and let the painting take shape. Instead he started lining up 6 or 7 canvas’ and went through all with, say.. blue.
    Then again with, say.. yellow and continued like this until he had completed 6 or 7 individual paintings. Assembly Line Technique? I don’t know, but he really enjoyed it, and even achieved some notoriety.

2. lowrah says:

I read My Hyggelig on a regular basis, and I was happy to see you up there! Nice interview.

3. I’ve been reading My Hyggelig for 2 years, good to see you there!

4. beany says:

I love that photo of you and Coco.

5. Bill says:

Dottie,

Nice bike with a wonderful name. I hope you are surviving the blizzard and all the snow? Just seeing pictures of it all makes me cold.

Bill
    Atlanta, GA

6. Annabelle says:

Dottie,

I enjoyed seeing where you are coming from.

“Conversations with really smart, funny and friendly women inspire me more than anything else.”

I agree this can be a wonderful thing, but too often it leaves out the other sex. I love really smart, funny and friendly people are inspirational whether a penis exists on their body or not. Why not avail oneself to the entire populace; it increases inspirational happenstance.

Call me retro-progressive.

Annabelle, a 57 year old pant & skirt wearer.

• Dottie says:

Hi Annabelle. My answer to such a personal question can be based only on my own experiences. In my life, what has inspired me the most is women. This started from growing up with an amazing mother and two sisters, although it is not limited to my family experiences. For me, talking to women is different from talking to men. This does not mean that I don’t value men (I’m married to a great one) but I am not going to give a false answer to satisfy everyone.

• Annabelle says:

I, too, come from a matriarchal family and love it dearly.

No need for falsity nor is it asked for:
        Vive la difference.